View Single Post
ckritik
01-19-2012, 06:53 AM

This was my fourth Tool concert (my fiance's first!) and we were both blown away. There were some pretty shit people around us but once security got on them/they got too drunk, we were free to focus. :)

All four of the guys were spot on, and that's saying something. Maynard's vocals were near perfect, which shocked the hell out of me because he picked some very, very difficult songs. His isms were funny as hell; it was awesome to see him having fun.

The Instrument Boys were fantastic as well. It seemed like the newly-shorn Justin had some technical difficulties throughout the show. He and Adam had some sort of conference about it (or they just decided to have a talk..who knows? :) ). Aside from a few hiccups, Adam was right on as well. He's always a joy to listen to. Danny was, as always, a beast. I don't think that man has an off switch. His drum duo/off with Dave (or David--who got a happy bday song from MJK!) was incredible. The two of them were definitely having fun.

I was a huge fan of the intermission. I was originally going to sit down for a second but I looked up and tuned in and just couldn't. :) The new little bits and pieces that they played throughout the show were incredible. I can't wait to hear them again.

The highlights (for me) were Hooker, Ticks, Aenima and Lateralus. I have never seen the first two and I'm incredibly happy that I have. Hooker was an incredible way to start the show; it definitely got a response. Ticks was epic. Maynard didn't waver and neither did anyone else. I like Aenima almost every time, but the whole bit about AZs centennial right before was a great lead in. Well done. Lateralus is my favorite to see live and this was no exception.

All in all, the guys killed it. I hope everyone gets a chance to see them on this tour. They won't be sorry.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.17.2012 - Tucson, AZ @ Tucson Arena

This was my fourth Tool concert (my fiance's first!) and we were both blown away. There were some pretty shit people around us but once security got on them/they got too drunk, we were free to focus. :)

All four of the guys were spot on, and that's saying something. Maynard's vocals were near perfect, which shocked the hell out of me because he picked some very, very difficult songs. His isms were funny as hell; it was awesome to see him having fun.

The Instrument Boys were fantastic as well. It seemed like the newly-shorn Justin had some technical difficulties throughout the show. He and Adam had some sort of conference about it (or they just decided to have a talk..who knows? :) ). Aside from a few hiccups, Adam was right on as well. He's always a joy to listen to. Danny was, as always, a beast. I don't think that man has an off switch. His drum duo/off with Dave (or David--who got a happy bday song from MJK!) was incredible. The two of them were definitely having fun.

I was a huge fan of the intermission. I was originally going to sit down for a second but I looked up and tuned in and just couldn't. :) The new little bits and pieces that they played throughout the show were incredible. I can't wait to hear them again.

The highlights (for me) were Hooker, Ticks, Aenima and Lateralus. I have never seen the first two and I'm incredibly happy that I have. Hooker was an incredible way to start the show; it definitely got a response. Ticks was epic. Maynard didn't waver and neither did anyone else. I like Aenima almost every time, but the whole bit about AZs centennial right before was a great lead in. Well done. Lateralus is my favorite to see live and this was no exception.

All in all, the guys killed it. I hope everyone gets a chance to see them on this tour. They won't be sorry.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote