View Single Post
rosettastoned19
01-18-2012, 05:35 PM

This was my 10th or 11th Tool show. Not a bad show by any means, but overall I'd say this ranks toward the bottom of the Tool concerts i have seen.

The venue was decent, people were generally friendly around us. Unfortunately the guy I was next too screamed most of the lyrics as loud as he possibly could which if you get excited for maybe your favorite song or whatever then fine, but when it goes on all show it really detracts from the experience. He was even screaming out trying to mimic adams guitar solo during jambi.

It was great to see Hooker, and even better to see ticks and leeches, but I'd have to say that Pushit was the performance of the night. Intension stood out to me as being better than I had seen them perform it before. All the other performances were average which by no means is a bad thing, just maybe not as great this time around. Lateralus is always great to see live, and of course Aenema is always a great one to end with. I wouldn't say the guys are phoning it in, maybe they are just getting way too good at making it look too easy.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.17.2012 - Tucson, AZ @ Tucson Arena

This was my 10th or 11th Tool show. Not a bad show by any means, but overall I'd say this ranks toward the bottom of the Tool concerts i have seen.

The venue was decent, people were generally friendly around us. Unfortunately the guy I was next too screamed most of the lyrics as loud as he possibly could which if you get excited for maybe your favorite song or whatever then fine, but when it goes on all show it really detracts from the experience. He was even screaming out trying to mimic adams guitar solo during jambi.

It was great to see Hooker, and even better to see ticks and leeches, but I'd have to say that Pushit was the performance of the night. Intension stood out to me as being better than I had seen them perform it before. All the other performances were average which by no means is a bad thing, just maybe not as great this time around. Lateralus is always great to see live, and of course Aenema is always a great one to end with. I wouldn't say the guys are phoning it in, maybe they are just getting way too good at making it look too easy.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote