View Single Post
begmetostay's Avatar begmetostay
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM

So, I definitely wouldn't rank it among the best shows but overall a good time. The sound was very decent I think. I was in sec 106. Could see the band perfectly. MJK really kind brought the show down. After pushit I turned to my friend and said " okay maybe a Maynard-less tour wouldn't be so bad. lol. He's skipping parts and was far too nasally especially during stinkfist. Also the rest of the band did seem "off" at times but for the most part they really rocked it

Lowlights:
~MJK really brought down some songs (stinkfist, Pushit and the start of ticks comes to mind)
~The video screens came down behind Adam and Justin during 46 and 2.Probably looked cool from the front; However they completely blocked my view of Danny at the point. Luckily they went back up before lateralus.
~ I think I may be done with hearing 46 and 2 and schism live. They were really hard for me to get into for some reason.

Highlights:
~ The visualizations were really cool. Love love love te new lateralus ending video.
~Lateralus; Danny having a drum solo , I feel, is infinitely better than the drum off. It was so awesome.
~Intro to schism. Possible new song? Sounded pretty cool
~ Intro to intension as well as the song were awesome. First time seeing it live.
~Tick and leeches was still good despite Maynard

I would love to go to another show but It sounds like MJK is really done with the this. I don't think he said anything th whole show. Though I kinda feel like he said something before Aenima. Hopefully we'll still get one more album.

PS. Sorry MJK i'm not trying to hate. I've seen you during the best years I understand it's just not possible anymore,
Old 02-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: 01.31.2012 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

So, I definitely wouldn't rank it among the best shows but overall a good time. The sound was very decent I think. I was in sec 106. Could see the band perfectly. MJK really kind brought the show down. After pushit I turned to my friend and said " okay maybe a Maynard-less tour wouldn't be so bad. lol. He's skipping parts and was far too nasally especially during stinkfist. Also the rest of the band did seem "off" at times but for the most part they really rocked it

Lowlights:
~MJK really brought down some songs (stinkfist, Pushit and the start of ticks comes to mind)
~The video screens came down behind Adam and Justin during 46 and 2.Probably looked cool from the front; However they completely blocked my view of Danny at the point. Luckily they went back up before lateralus.
~ I think I may be done with hearing 46 and 2 and schism live. They were really hard for me to get into for some reason.

Highlights:
~ The visualizations were really cool. Love love love te new lateralus ending video.
~Lateralus; Danny having a drum solo , I feel, is infinitely better than the drum off. It was so awesome.
~Intro to schism. Possible new song? Sounded pretty cool
~ Intro to intension as well as the song were awesome. First time seeing it live.
~Tick and leeches was still good despite Maynard

I would love to go to another show but It sounds like MJK is really done with the this. I don't think he said anything th whole show. Though I kinda feel like he said something before Aenima. Hopefully we'll still get one more album.

PS. Sorry MJK i'm not trying to hate. I've seen you during the best years I understand it's just not possible anymore,
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote