View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/07 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

It's great to read these reviews and hear my own thoughts echoed. To me, last night all that mattered was Wings. I knew at the first notes of the song how important that performance would be, but I wasn't expecting what would come. I was seated to the left of the stage on the first level above the floor. When Maynard left the stage he was just below me and wiping his eyes after removing his glasses, and I've never been so emotional at a concert as a I was after seeing what he was going through. It was with great appreciation that I watched him fight through the remainder of the song. I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only teary-eyed Tool fan. I almost lost it at a couple points:
Ignorant fibbers....spare me!...That line is worth so much.
All of the beautiful praises of her being the only worthy enough for God.
Then the climactic...Give me my, give me my WINGS!
Ugh, that was a tough, yet beautiful moment.
All I could think after the show was that they might never play that song again, and that I had been present for what is destined to be one of the most memorable moments of Tool's live performances.
That was the third time I saw them this week, and I was planning on skipping the second Staples show for monetary reasons, but now I don't see how I can.
l l AND PROSPER
OFFLINE |