Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober - Feat. Kirk Hammet
Lateralus
Opiate
Vicarious
Aenima

These will be my 13th and, 14th Tool shows. Anyway, how to describe it? Seriously most words will quite simply be insufficient, and inadequate. Utterly, insanely, astonishingly bombastic? I saw many people around me who were literally awestruck and speechless. We sat front row, damn near center, and the sound was so fantasically immense the people around us were straight-up shellshocked. It seemed to not really sink in until after 'The Pot' at which point the crowds roar began to actually exceed the volume of the music. "The Pot" was SO fucking fat. They rocked that shit unimaginably hard. Completely eclipsing the album version, my personal fav of the evening.

Some usual maynard banter; "We have a new album, blah-blah-blah, apparently it's huge in Belgium and New Zealand", "we'll be back", "We have a special Guest tonight, he's not ________, and he's not Elvis, Well, maybe he's their bastard son,
Mr. kirk Hammet." Who then proceeded to come out and play guitar on 'Sober'. I've never been partial to Metallica, and for those of you who are I'm sorry to report that kirk damn near butchered the song. His drunken so called "solo" was particularly sloppy and completly extraneous. Only the band coming back through to thrash the rest of the song out extremely hard saved it. Then he totally tripped out and flustered Adam by grabbing him for his "hug" and kissing him on the mouth! Only to return at the end of the show to the stage to perform the "we're not worthy!" bow on his knees before the guys. At least he realizes.

Definately a Nice suprise to get to see Rosetta Stoned, AND Opiate. It's been years since I've seen Opiate live. I sure did miss "The Patient" and have yet to see "right in two" live. perhaps they'll realize that a great number of people are going both nights and decide to change up the setlist for tomorrow night. That would rule SO much. Certainly a contender for best Tool show I've witnessed. I heard no less then five seperate convos on the way out claiming it to be the best show ever. Truly magnificent!

_Tobias
OFFLINE |