View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 04:55 AM   #88
Prana

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

I was exhausted for this show. I flew into L.A. Thursday and ate and went right to the show. Actually ate in the Fox Sports Fan bar or whatever it's called in the Staples Center. Went hiking and to the beach on Friday, among other things, and I was just dead for Friday's show.

I have to admit that it didn't seem to have the energy of Thursday night's show, but I attributed that to my exhaustion. Considering what other people have said about it, maybe it did lack a little of the energy of Thursday night's show. Either way, Tool on their worst night is better than any other band I've seen on their best night. Since I was tired, I just sat back and watched them play.

Earlier posts reminded me of some of the minor flubs during the show. Otherwise, I would have forgotten about them.

I wondered if Maynard was serious about waiting for the VIP's to start the show for real. I mean, the video stuff for Rosetta Stoned was amazing on Thursday to the extent I felt like I was really tripping on something. I thought maybe they decided to play RS first while they waited for the VIP's and, therefore, had to cut out the visuals for some reason? Is that completely ridiculous? I don't know.

Anyway, it was nice to meet y'all: Kabir, SupaDupaNerd, sonnyboy11, and nthistogether. Kinda strange too. Just enough time to say hello and then Kabir said "we better get back in there, the show starts in seven minutes." Well, at least I'm pretty sure you guys really exist now.