View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #82
BDT
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejoelsvolta View Post
Here we go. Let me first off explain that I have listened to Tool every single day since I was blessed to be introduced. This was my 5th show, and possibly the best. For all of those complaining about the visuals, you are gay, nuff said. The storm clouds in the lasers were incredible, and the images for rosetta stoned and 10,000 days were unbelievable. I was the guy in 114 wearing the LAPD shirt, glowing bracelets, and the hottest girl in the arena. Did anyone else notice how different Justin's Bass sounds from the album? In 46+2 the bass almost sounded like a funky slap bass feel, and in 10,000 days it was extremely percussive. Nothing like the album at all, these songs were meant to be played live. The white stage in the most brilliant thing ever concieved. It added a very positive bad ass feeling associated with 10,000 days the album. Anyone that says the songs off 10,000 days aren't as good obviously aren't musicians, and obviously have not taken the time needed to study and develop an educated opinion of them. At first I was disappointed that they are not playing anything from Opiate/Undertow, but now I completely understand, and would not have it any other way. The whole cowboy dance after pointing to Adam during Jambi was hilarious, and the stage antics for Rosetta made the song 100% better if that is even possible. It was as if he had a story to tell and created the "picture this if you will" theme perfectly. The only thing I could complain about would be the crowd going crazy for schism, the most commercial song ever. BUT, I was proven wrong when they busted out the double time part. Danny Carey is my god. Maynard seemed to be in a good mood, and Justin ROCKED THE FUCK OUT! especially during Aenima. Adam seemed to improvise some of his solos like only a guitar player with extreme finesse can do. Maynard had an incredible scream during Stinkfist, which left me mindfucked and convinced he was feeling better. The crowd was incredible, except for all the ******s leaving for Wings, do they not understand how intense, vital and original that production is? Maynard was right, i will see you in Cleveland, and I can't wait. The best part about this tour is that it seems more like a band rocking out then a whole staged producion. A+++++++++++++++

Yeah I saw you, I was section 114 row T seat 14, I was the one wearing the "Novus Opiate Seclorum" shirt. The concert was amazing considering it was my first TOOL concert. The crowd was great (at least in my section). I only wish i had brought my lighter, wouldve come in handy. Anyone know if there playing dayton in the spring?
OFFLINE |