View Single Post
Rod's Avatar Rod
08-29-2006, 02:28 PM

Thanks man, I'm not worried about being right or wrong, it is an interesting verse, one that made me take a closer look at this tune.

It may also be a question of are you born good or are you born bad? Morals seem kind of objective for the most part don't they? "Pure as we begin" to me suggests everyone is born good. If we were moved by will alone, how is it that there is evil in the world with everyone starting out pure? Where does the influence to be evil come from? How can it be innate if we all start out pure? The movie 'Trading Places' comes to mind. I understand it's not reality but the theory of environment impacting judgemnet is interesting. Does ego play a role in turning you bad? That is internal, but again I can't see it not being influenced by the external...

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #31
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Bincount™: 65
Re: Move by will alone...?

Thanks man, I'm not worried about being right or wrong, it is an interesting verse, one that made me take a closer look at this tune.

It may also be a question of are you born good or are you born bad? Morals seem kind of objective for the most part don't they? "Pure as we begin" to me suggests everyone is born good. If we were moved by will alone, how is it that there is evil in the world with everyone starting out pure? Where does the influence to be evil come from? How can it be innate if we all start out pure? The movie 'Trading Places' comes to mind. I understand it's not reality but the theory of environment impacting judgemnet is interesting. Does ego play a role in turning you bad? That is internal, but again I can't see it not being influenced by the external...

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote