View Single Post
spacemonkeyadb's Avatar spacemonkeyadb
08-24-2006, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Good observations, seems logical and plausible. Your last line ties in with Right in Two very closely.
Thank you. The point of my last line was to show how this analysis fits in with the theme which I feel runs through both songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncang View Post
If you want to know what I think, take a look at this and find the Intension bit:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=54918
Thanks. Interesting read, but I would have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation of the song as autobiographical. Not that it doesn't make sense that way or anything, but I think that the thematic links between Intension and Right In Two (such as the way certain imagery is carried over) show that both songs are about humanity in general.
Do you still hold the same view about the title (Intension=intention+tension)? I think this is mistaken, as "intension" is a real word with a real meaning (in fact its meaning IS "meaning"). I think the song is a tale of humanity's moral development, and that the title refers to our search for meaning in the universe, or perhaps how we provide it with meaning ourselves through our actions.

Last edited by spacemonkeyadb; 08-24-2006 at 05:58 AM..
Old 08-24-2006, 05:48 AM   #25
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: Move by will alone...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Good observations, seems logical and plausible. Your last line ties in with Right in Two very closely.
Thank you. The point of my last line was to show how this analysis fits in with the theme which I feel runs through both songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncang View Post
If you want to know what I think, take a look at this and find the Intension bit:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=54918
Thanks. Interesting read, but I would have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation of the song as autobiographical. Not that it doesn't make sense that way or anything, but I think that the thematic links between Intension and Right In Two (such as the way certain imagery is carried over) show that both songs are about humanity in general.
Do you still hold the same view about the title (Intension=intention+tension)? I think this is mistaken, as "intension" is a real word with a real meaning (in fact its meaning IS "meaning"). I think the song is a tale of humanity's moral development, and that the title refers to our search for meaning in the universe, or perhaps how we provide it with meaning ourselves through our actions.

Last edited by spacemonkeyadb; 08-24-2006 at 05:58 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote