View Single Post
Dredg's Avatar Dredg
08-10-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonatedgravy
Really? I see it more as the synonym for "innocent." Though "pure" is a much more fitting word since it also implies cleanliness and even ignorance. The only relevance I can see in interpreting the line as a look at literal human composition is that it's an easy way to compare us to our universal surroundings without making a distinction between what makes humans what we are and what makes a giraffe what it is. The expression that all living beings have the same basic drives.

So I think I can see your point, but in this case I get more out of the more emotionally driven use of the word "pure" as it relates to human development specifically.
I would agree seeing how chemicals are innocent, therefore, unconscious. The more humans become conscious the more they become corrupt (ex: Right in Two). The reason why I feel pure means the chemical molecules that created us is because of the end of the song.

"Leave as we come in
Pure as light, return to one

Move by will alone"

as you can see we came in and leave as LIGHT which is a basic properity of these chemicals.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15
Re: Move by will alone...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonatedgravy
Really? I see it more as the synonym for "innocent." Though "pure" is a much more fitting word since it also implies cleanliness and even ignorance. The only relevance I can see in interpreting the line as a look at literal human composition is that it's an easy way to compare us to our universal surroundings without making a distinction between what makes humans what we are and what makes a giraffe what it is. The expression that all living beings have the same basic drives.

So I think I can see your point, but in this case I get more out of the more emotionally driven use of the word "pure" as it relates to human development specifically.
I would agree seeing how chemicals are innocent, therefore, unconscious. The more humans become conscious the more they become corrupt (ex: Right in Two). The reason why I feel pure means the chemical molecules that created us is because of the end of the song.

"Leave as we come in
Pure as light, return to one

Move by will alone"

as you can see we came in and leave as LIGHT which is a basic properity of these chemicals.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote