View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 01:41 AM   #80
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

082706 was my first time at the Gorge Amphitheatre in Washington State, USA. <a href="en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorge_Amphitheatre">wikipedia link</a>

First time I saw Tool was back at 052893 opening for Rage Against The Machine at the Brixton Academy in London, UK. To tell the truth - I wasn't paying any attention. That show was RATM + TOOL + WOOL. Fast forward to 2006.

Then my friend has this extra ticket to go see Tool at the Gorge. I'm glad that I went.
Sunday show. Excellent temperature and humidity, comforting breeze on the air, the smell of ganga and Nag Champa. Sounds pretty good? Well, it was sweeter than that!

Bill Hicks used to talk about UFO's occasionally. Well, I was sitting there on the grassy hillside of the amphitheatre watching the coolest fucken light show ever... yes, I'm talking about lasers. Green lasers. The lighting effects for Tool were like a UFO mother ship landing (or taking off).

And the stage was all in white which allowed for over a dozen screen projectors to tile the same images across the stage... like a gigantic itunes visualizer. Early in the show, the stage looked like a "fiery flames of hell" screensaver tiled across the stage floor and background with the illusion created of the band being sizzled in the fiery pits of Hell.

The overwhelming effect was that I was revisualizing the concert for several days after the event - As anyone might do if they had seen something awesome.

I quietly wished that the stage rig would turn into the biggest UFo event, ever. And I imagined that the mothership would sound like Tool's music. Earthquake drums, meteoric base lines, lobotomizing guitar riffs and singing like you might believe it was Bill Hicks welcoming you aboard Mothership 1...

"All aboard for tonights venture into Earth orbit. Please, smoking grass is allowed on this flight and all future flights so toleration is encouraged amongst you non-smokers making the trip with us this evening. Um-kay?"

Salutations, Brothers & Sisters of the great band Tool,

And to 3 Canadian camp neighbors all the way from Calgary, Alberta, driving 12 hours one way to see Tool. It was that special kind of time & place that we're sure to not forget soon. Peace be unto you.

Tool Fans : Thank you for the opportunity to chill out with 20,000 people... And the nicest rollies I've ever laid eyes on... Now that's tight!

Everyone needs a hug. 9-11 was an inside job. Wake up. Seek truth. Exit matrix.
OFFLINE |