View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #74
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

this was my third tool show (98 at mercer arena and 01 in spokane) and my boyfriend won front row tickets on the radio...since we are both huge fans that missed out on tickets this was amazing...not only front row, but the exact middle (seats 5 & 6)! we got caught in the traffic coming into the gorge and ended up getting there about 8:30, missing the opening band which was ok since i have never heard of them (although i heard they were awesome)
The entire front row were radio winners, the people next to us were from portland and huge fans, the people on the other side were from spokane and knew the "radio tool songs" ...kind of a bummer for people that i know who love tool...I have to give kudos to the security people-they did a great job of managing the crowd at the front!
when the band opened with stinkfist, i think i got tears in my eyes...i have seen some people complaining about the set list here, but i have to say that it was perfect for me..there were a few songs i would have liked to have seen, but with my other concerts, i have seen pretty much every song live that i love...
i have never had a concert experience like this!!!! we were so close to the stage that I could almost touch it. Since we could not see the floor of the stage, i had no idea till the next day that they were playing videos on the stage....i wish i could have seen a bit of that, but i would not have traded the seats for anything! the show was amazing...there are moments that i can not get out of my head. I have visions of maynard weaving and bobbing his head, adam jones playing on 46 & 2, the sea of lighters was beautiful, especially from our vantage point...during the part when the band took a break...i caught the eye of danny carey who threw me his gatorade bottle...it is kind of ghetto to savor someone else's garbage...but danny carey is probably my favorite drummer of all time so i will keep it prominantly displayed in my house...
all in all an incredible once in a life time experience!!!!

also i found some video on myspace...just search "tool gorge" under the video section and there are 4 or so decent videos...including a few of the lighters!

Last edited by jenc; 09-01-2006 at 05:52 PM..
OFFLINE |