View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #65
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist View Post
4) I was not the least bit impressed with the lighting/videos/lasers/overall stage presentation. The video screens behind the band were really too small to see from the floor seats, and we couldn't see down onto the stage at all. The strings of lights that were raised near the end of the show were particularly disappointing. They just looked cheap and hokey... like Christmas lights in a trailer park that get left up year round.... or maybe like some run-down old carnival/ amusement park out on an old highway in the desert. I DO kind of like the white theme/lab coats/ white stage turned into a video screen... but it didn't seem to work as well as Adam might have been imagining it when he designed it. At least I hope that's the case.
I would have to agree with you on the lighting, but I had a few friends that were in GA that said the stage floor was a visual effect of it's own, and since I was down on the floor I couldn't see it. This was my 6 TOOL show, and the one thing I do miss is Maynard it just seems like he doesn't move like he use to. I know when I watched them in 97 at the gorge he was simply breath taking. The man stopped the whole crowd, and for a while they all seemed in ah of him. Other than that my highlight would have to be Rosseta Stoned, and everyone singing to Opiate. Great show can't wait for them to come back.
OFFLINE |