View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Excellent concert IMO, I had never been to this venue, let alone Washington. Great experience, from all the vineyards to the cool cop who gave an out of towner a warning for speeding between Ellensburg?? and the venue. I believe it was a speed trap, but cool because I am never that lucky.

Camping there was an experience alone, from the fall down drunks next to us to teh cool cat who matched their Purple Haze with some of my Grapefruit bud before the concert. Caught a great buzz before and during the concert. Although the bastard who was on the roof of the sound mixer kind of ruined it for me, only because everyone around me was worried he would jump onto them. The sorry ass fans who were in my row and next to me were very annoying, kind of nitpicking everything from drunk fans to the smoking hippies(me) to how boring the show was?? Oh well their lost. No one in my section wanted to blaze, they looked at me like I was sparking up at a Celine Dion concert or something.

After the concert we found some cool peeps to hang with and smoke with until arond 2am. I would also like to thank the all night drummer at the campground for some excellent background music. FYI for the complainers about how hot it is in teh desert? When you have the Columbia River not a mile away, it is not a desert. Your weeds are green and grass is able to survive there, not a desert. But I come from the Southwest so maybe it SEEMS like a desert to some. Sorry for the rant, I just argued with some kids about that before the concert. I liked Washington, some of you know how to entertain out of towners especially at The Gorge. Thanks!
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
OFFLINE |