View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

This was our first Tool show-it was excellent. The band was not only tight, but machine-like. I am always amazed watching a precision drummer like Dan Carey-as others have noted, the vocal did seem lost at times-typical of the sound in this kind of venue. I have seen over 100 shows-from Black Sabbath to Yes-and in arenas designed for sporting events, the sound lacks. Not to mention our seats were nosebleed-the upside to that, however, was we got the full effect of the "white stage" projection-that was brilliant. The lighting was excellent-some of the best I've ever seen-and for the most part, all of the music was good and clear. The bass feedback on "Lost Keys" was huge-very impressive! The talkbox solo on "Jambi" was incredible as well.
High points-The Pot, 46&2, Schizm, Wings-10,000 Days, Lateralus-and all of the extended jams and intros
Low points-again, I would have liked to have heard Maynard better, and I was told Dan Carey used to do a drum solo-why not now??
Overall very impressive-I do agree with some though that the set needed something from "Undertow"-"Intolerance" would have been my choice, but the lady wanted "Sober"...
p.s.-Regardless of what anyone says, ISIS was also excellent-we bought the DVD on the way out and are watching it right now.
OFFLINE |