Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/14 - Hammersmith, UK - Apollo

The setlist (I think!) was:

Stinkfist (extended)
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Right In Two (with brief Intension intro)
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Not sure about the order of Right In Two and Schism - the rest I think is correct. Prove me wrong, kids, prove me wrong ...

But wow, what a show! I was in the pit for the first time at a Tool concert. Saw them previously in Sydney and Brixton. I'd been following the concert reviews so far so I knew what to expect. This setlist was the one I was hoping for. Right In Two was one of the highlights - Danny's solo in it was incredible. I was looking forward to The Pot and was not disappointed. Also loved Stinkfist (the visuals for that song really got the show off to a great start), Schism and of course Lateralus. I broke out in goose pimples during the spiral out outro. Awesome stuff.

I'm a huge fan of Jambi but somehow it didnt meet my expectations live. It wasnt bad - but - I dunno, it just didnt grab me the way I expected for some reason. Rosetta Stoned on the other hand was better than I thought it would be live. Oh btw, a girl collapsed during Rosetta Stoned nearby where I was - heat exhaustion I think - and had to be carried out - hope she is ok.

I'm jumping on a plane next week to go and live in Tucson so I am already looking forward to catching them in the "fall" tour. I'll get to see Arizona Bay in the flesh ;)

Til then, I have the great memories of this show to keep me satisfied. Can't wait for Wings and 10000 days to be played live! That will be hella special.

(Oh, Maynard farewelled the crowd by calling them silly english types - nice touch).