View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #79
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddm View Post
Maynard says .... COME ON PEOPLE!!! THIS IS TOOL...and that's ALL the louder you could scream???
What a buzzkill. MJK did that last time around when I saw them in Boston and it bummed me out instantly. The last thing you want, as an audience member, is to feel that the band you idolize somehow is disappointed in you. TONS of negative energy. MJK, I love your music, but why be such an ass to us, your fans?

As for moshing, some bands (They Might be Giants) actually refuse to play if they see people doing it. TooL doesn't do that, so it's second-guessing to say whether they're happy or unhappy wityh people moshing, right? As I see it, some people (like me) prefer to spend much of the concert sitting quietly, semi-meditating, and absorbing every sensation as deeply as possible. Other prefer to throw their entire physical self into the sound, and joing a collective mosh-organism. As long as the latter people respect the space of the former, I personally don't give a fuck what people do. Just respect me enough not to smash into me as I stand respectfully at my char.