View Single Post
egatimra's Avatar egatimra
08-13-2009, 03:06 AM

This has been the 5th Ohio Tool show that I have attended since '98. This time around, my husband and I took a 2.5 hour trip to Columbus, where a good friend of ours lives, and the three of us trucked it another 2 hours to Cincinnati. Not at once, though. We made a mini-vacation of it.

My husband has an account here as well, so hopefully he'll post his opinions of the show at another time.

We purchased an unsigned show poster at the PNC merchandise kiosk for $25. I took a photo of the poster, including a macro of the Tool Notary Stamp. It's killer.

We sat in section 102, Row P. We were approximately 22 rows from stage left. As far as sound goes, unfortunately it did, on occasion, become difficult to make sense from one tone to another. I'm not sure if it was the architecture of the venue or not, but it surely did not lessen the overall experience.

Tweakbird is interesting. Things must be feeling really good for them right now. I wonder what the story is, even if it's nothing extraordinary. I hope they get a record label if they want one.

I will always be incredibly thankful to experience Tool play for a live audience. It was especially awesome to watch Tool play for 4K people. Most of the shows I have attended could hold 10-40K people. It was a huge treat to hear how freakin' LOUD 4K people can be compared to 10K. It was a great crowd, too. Even those schizophrenics.

Thank you, Tool. Thanks for being there while I navigate a lot of interesting maps.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #69
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

This has been the 5th Ohio Tool show that I have attended since '98. This time around, my husband and I took a 2.5 hour trip to Columbus, where a good friend of ours lives, and the three of us trucked it another 2 hours to Cincinnati. Not at once, though. We made a mini-vacation of it.

My husband has an account here as well, so hopefully he'll post his opinions of the show at another time.

We purchased an unsigned show poster at the PNC merchandise kiosk for $25. I took a photo of the poster, including a macro of the Tool Notary Stamp. It's killer.

We sat in section 102, Row P. We were approximately 22 rows from stage left. As far as sound goes, unfortunately it did, on occasion, become difficult to make sense from one tone to another. I'm not sure if it was the architecture of the venue or not, but it surely did not lessen the overall experience.

Tweakbird is interesting. Things must be feeling really good for them right now. I wonder what the story is, even if it's nothing extraordinary. I hope they get a record label if they want one.

I will always be incredibly thankful to experience Tool play for a live audience. It was especially awesome to watch Tool play for 4K people. Most of the shows I have attended could hold 10-40K people. It was a huge treat to hear how freakin' LOUD 4K people can be compared to 10K. It was a great crowd, too. Even those schizophrenics.

Thank you, Tool. Thanks for being there while I navigate a lot of interesting maps.