View Single Post
bizeekizay
08-09-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apctoolfan2268 View Post
Anyone who has seen TOOL multiple times, have you ever NOT felt "HOLY SHIT" at the end of the show? Honestly, remember that feeling? I thought maybe perhaps being my 5th show that I was jaded...

...See you on the next tour, yes I'll be there, because I believe that the next time I walk out of a TOOL show I'll say, "HOLY SHIT"
Agreed with you on this. I've always been left standing there when the lights come on thinking to myself, "HOLY SHIT, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" But this time, though I still had the HOLY SHIT thought, it was due to my ears being completely blown out. Now I was in the pit about 10-15 ft in front of Justin, and Jesus Christ [why don't ya come save my life now] it was by far the loudest show of any kind I've ever been to. By about halfway through the show, I could barely make out anything besides the drums and bass. But even though my ears were destroyed I still noticed Maynard not putting much into it, and during a few songs setting up some effects to carry his 'screams'. During Vicarious, flat out not even singing a couple lines early in the song and [like he usually does] not singing the last couple lines of screams and pointing the mic out into the crowd.

I'm trying to keep this as positive as possible, as this was a Tool show, and no matter what I feel about a show, I'll ALWAYS come back for more. Besides my ears being raped, I still can't believe how close we were to the band. The venue was surprisingly small for a Tool show. So I'm sure everyone had a great seat/view.

The system/speakers for the bass was incredible, I don't know if anyone else was able to see them, but where the security guards are, there were at least a half dozen 5 ft tall speakers that I believe just kicked out the bass. And being about 5 ft from those is an intense feeling. Especially during some of the iinterludes, where Danny would be fucking around with his computers making the ambient noises, then all of a sudden a huge "cloud" of bass comes in and nearly knocks you on your ass.

I have a question, cause I really don't think I imagined it, but haven't read anything on here about it... did anyone hear Justin play the guitar riff from Voodoo Child before a song, I think either Aenema or Vicarious during the interlude.

Anywho, the Tweakbird skit was high;ly amusing. Justin and Adam were part of it, Adam had a skull mask on, and was one of the people filling the cups with beer. And Justin was the guy with the huge wrench chasing the "Tweakbird" around stage, eventually beheading it. Adam threw out some bottles of water and my friend ended up catching one, and it was a Fiji bottle filled with pink 'juice' that tasted like ball sweat to be honest... But if it was Tool's ball sweat, I'm glad I drank it, haha.

This was my least favorite show aurally, but favorite when it came to being in the pit and everything else. My ears are still ringing two days later, but it's a reminder of how fucking close we were to the greatest band of all time.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by apctoolfan2268 View Post
Anyone who has seen TOOL multiple times, have you ever NOT felt "HOLY SHIT" at the end of the show? Honestly, remember that feeling? I thought maybe perhaps being my 5th show that I was jaded...

...See you on the next tour, yes I'll be there, because I believe that the next time I walk out of a TOOL show I'll say, "HOLY SHIT"
Agreed with you on this. I've always been left standing there when the lights come on thinking to myself, "HOLY SHIT, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" But this time, though I still had the HOLY SHIT thought, it was due to my ears being completely blown out. Now I was in the pit about 10-15 ft in front of Justin, and Jesus Christ [why don't ya come save my life now] it was by far the loudest show of any kind I've ever been to. By about halfway through the show, I could barely make out anything besides the drums and bass. But even though my ears were destroyed I still noticed Maynard not putting much into it, and during a few songs setting up some effects to carry his 'screams'. During Vicarious, flat out not even singing a couple lines early in the song and [like he usually does] not singing the last couple lines of screams and pointing the mic out into the crowd.

I'm trying to keep this as positive as possible, as this was a Tool show, and no matter what I feel about a show, I'll ALWAYS come back for more. Besides my ears being raped, I still can't believe how close we were to the band. The venue was surprisingly small for a Tool show. So I'm sure everyone had a great seat/view.

The system/speakers for the bass was incredible, I don't know if anyone else was able to see them, but where the security guards are, there were at least a half dozen 5 ft tall speakers that I believe just kicked out the bass. And being about 5 ft from those is an intense feeling. Especially during some of the iinterludes, where Danny would be fucking around with his computers making the ambient noises, then all of a sudden a huge "cloud" of bass comes in and nearly knocks you on your ass.

I have a question, cause I really don't think I imagined it, but haven't read anything on here about it... did anyone hear Justin play the guitar riff from Voodoo Child before a song, I think either Aenema or Vicarious during the interlude.

Anywho, the Tweakbird skit was high;ly amusing. Justin and Adam were part of it, Adam had a skull mask on, and was one of the people filling the cups with beer. And Justin was the guy with the huge wrench chasing the "Tweakbird" around stage, eventually beheading it. Adam threw out some bottles of water and my friend ended up catching one, and it was a Fiji bottle filled with pink 'juice' that tasted like ball sweat to be honest... But if it was Tool's ball sweat, I'm glad I drank it, haha.

This was my least favorite show aurally, but favorite when it came to being in the pit and everything else. My ears are still ringing two days later, but it's a reminder of how fucking close we were to the greatest band of all time.
OFFLINE |