View Single Post
Gnome_Chomsky's Avatar Gnome_Chomsky
06-14-2006, 02:37 PM

If your willing to eliminate tool just because of one lyric in one song, I really wish you would. You would be the most closeminded person I've ever met. First off people will disagree about things, and have differant view points, but if you decide to stop listening to some ones thoughts simply because theres one set of views that dont match up you've missed the point of alot of tools work. If your so concerned with peoples beleifs that you would disregard a truely great thing for one "imperfection" then you need to re-establish your outlooks on things.

Now on to my interpretation. I think that Maynard uses heaven as a metaphore for death. People need to realize that death is coming, so we shouldnt waste our lives stealing the life of some one else.

I dont beleive that maynard has changed his views, but I think that if he did it shouldnt change what hes said.

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #15
Formerly DJR
Suicide Booth ID: 11

Bincount™: 4398
Re: If it is "lift an eye to heaven"

If your willing to eliminate tool just because of one lyric in one song, I really wish you would. You would be the most closeminded person I've ever met. First off people will disagree about things, and have differant view points, but if you decide to stop listening to some ones thoughts simply because theres one set of views that dont match up you've missed the point of alot of tools work. If your so concerned with peoples beleifs that you would disregard a truely great thing for one "imperfection" then you need to re-establish your outlooks on things.

Now on to my interpretation. I think that Maynard uses heaven as a metaphore for death. People need to realize that death is coming, so we shouldnt waste our lives stealing the life of some one else.

I dont beleive that maynard has changed his views, but I think that if he did it shouldnt change what hes said.

http://www.last.fm/user/DanRisinger
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote