View Single Post
eslupminoyler's Avatar eslupminoyler
06-14-2006, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
...then I'm going to burn my entire Tool collection and never listen to a single song by Maynard ever again. Maynard is not one to suggest religion or looking up to God because we are mere mortals. Fuck that. Its bullshit.

"Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability,
To live tonight in heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here."

thats what i hear. i need him to post his lyrics soon, for me to continue listening to tool.

If I'm so wrong in my interpretation that saying that we are repugnant because we don't look up to God (that doesnt even make fucking sense because most morons do do that anyway...) and heaven...then please correct me and let me know what else could be meant by the "lift an eye to heaven" line.

I honestly can hear both, depending on which one I want to hear every time I replay the part. WTF maynard.
"I'm sorry Mrs. Gump, but the state requires an iq of at least 80 to attend public school."

People are repugnant whether they look to God for answers or not. But the essence of repugnant is denying the possibility that God loves you, has all the answers, and that Heaven is up there waiting for you.

So you are saying people must be static in their spiritual or religous beliefs. Personally, I sensed meaning like this in Lateralus. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you might see the truth above you.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:36 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I live in Heaven, but I'm on a vacation without my passport to get back.
Bincount™: 7
Re: If it is "lift an eye to heaven"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
...then I'm going to burn my entire Tool collection and never listen to a single song by Maynard ever again. Maynard is not one to suggest religion or looking up to God because we are mere mortals. Fuck that. Its bullshit.

"Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability,
To live tonight in heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here."

thats what i hear. i need him to post his lyrics soon, for me to continue listening to tool.

If I'm so wrong in my interpretation that saying that we are repugnant because we don't look up to God (that doesnt even make fucking sense because most morons do do that anyway...) and heaven...then please correct me and let me know what else could be meant by the "lift an eye to heaven" line.

I honestly can hear both, depending on which one I want to hear every time I replay the part. WTF maynard.
"I'm sorry Mrs. Gump, but the state requires an iq of at least 80 to attend public school."

People are repugnant whether they look to God for answers or not. But the essence of repugnant is denying the possibility that God loves you, has all the answers, and that Heaven is up there waiting for you.

So you are saying people must be static in their spiritual or religous beliefs. Personally, I sensed meaning like this in Lateralus. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you might see the truth above you.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote