View Single Post
Jizzlobber
01-28-2011, 09:24 PM

This was my third Tool show and by far the worse.

I'll make this short and not rave on about it.

1. Maynard’s voice was inconsistently quiet. Especially in songs like Vicarious, Jambi, Third eye. Songs like You Lied, Right in Two, Aenima, he sounded great, but other songs, I had to really really listen for his voice.

2. Maynard was not interested at all. I know he doesn’t talk to the crowed, but he at least would dance and move like a puppet and just get into the show. He just stood there, moved here and there, and then didn’t even embrace the cowed after the show. He didn’t even embrace his band like the others did.

3. The set list was poor. You Lied was a pleasant surprise, but Intentions is still by far in my opinion the worst Tool song, and still feels like one big intermission, intro song. No Opiate and Undertow really hurt. The set was too short. About 95mins, and if Intentions weren’t played and another song played instead, like flood and pushit/patient, the set would have been far more solid. Also, I am not old school so I cannot appreciate Orion, and imo it didn’t fit the song.

4. Presentation. The band hasn’t really involved in their presentation. It's still pretty much the same as when I saw them 8 years ago, and then they brought the Schism actors to perform some strange acts on the show. Tool need to take a lesson to what Trent Rezor did.

The show was good, but not great, and differently not worth the airline ticket I paid to see them.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

This was my third Tool show and by far the worse.

I'll make this short and not rave on about it.

1. Maynard’s voice was inconsistently quiet. Especially in songs like Vicarious, Jambi, Third eye. Songs like You Lied, Right in Two, Aenima, he sounded great, but other songs, I had to really really listen for his voice.

2. Maynard was not interested at all. I know he doesn’t talk to the crowed, but he at least would dance and move like a puppet and just get into the show. He just stood there, moved here and there, and then didn’t even embrace the cowed after the show. He didn’t even embrace his band like the others did.

3. The set list was poor. You Lied was a pleasant surprise, but Intentions is still by far in my opinion the worst Tool song, and still feels like one big intermission, intro song. No Opiate and Undertow really hurt. The set was too short. About 95mins, and if Intentions weren’t played and another song played instead, like flood and pushit/patient, the set would have been far more solid. Also, I am not old school so I cannot appreciate Orion, and imo it didn’t fit the song.

4. Presentation. The band hasn’t really involved in their presentation. It's still pretty much the same as when I saw them 8 years ago, and then they brought the Schism actors to perform some strange acts on the show. Tool need to take a lesson to what Trent Rezor did.

The show was good, but not great, and differently not worth the airline ticket I paid to see them.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote