View Single Post
ThatToolGuy
01-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Only my second Tool show (first being the night before at BDO) but soooo much better than BDO gig. Sound, Visuals (they fixed the screen behind Danny and the centre left one that they turned off for the BDO show) all so much better, and although like many other poster's above i was disappointed at not hearing anything from Undertow and only Third Eye/Stinkfist/Aenema from Aenima, was still a brilliant show. Was up on wing near Adam and it was a great vantage point.

Never thought i'd get to hear You Lied live, was great. Would have rathered The Pot than Right in Two though. Was praying for Pushit or H or even Eulogy but hey what are ya gonna do they aren't a fucking jukebox.

To those who say MJK isn't really 'into it' anymore, I can see where you are coming from... but how can you analyze his demeanor properly, he's hiding in the dark for the most part! His singing was great, his humor is intact (laughing at everybody who sang normal ending to stinkfist instead of waiting for extended end) he even posted a little video on FB taken backstage at the brisbane show with the band doing silly interpretive hand signals and him walking out at the start, classic stuff. Maybe the only thing that irked me off a bit was him basically running offstage while everyone else stayed and bowed more and thanked everyone, especially adam who stayed the longest and was most animated.

Already waiting in anticipation of promo tour for next album... please be this year!!!!

P.S to the freaks that sat next to me... waiting a seat away and then girl swapping with boy to avoid sitting next to SHOCK another man... grow up it's a concert not 5th grade.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

Only my second Tool show (first being the night before at BDO) but soooo much better than BDO gig. Sound, Visuals (they fixed the screen behind Danny and the centre left one that they turned off for the BDO show) all so much better, and although like many other poster's above i was disappointed at not hearing anything from Undertow and only Third Eye/Stinkfist/Aenema from Aenima, was still a brilliant show. Was up on wing near Adam and it was a great vantage point.

Never thought i'd get to hear You Lied live, was great. Would have rathered The Pot than Right in Two though. Was praying for Pushit or H or even Eulogy but hey what are ya gonna do they aren't a fucking jukebox.

To those who say MJK isn't really 'into it' anymore, I can see where you are coming from... but how can you analyze his demeanor properly, he's hiding in the dark for the most part! His singing was great, his humor is intact (laughing at everybody who sang normal ending to stinkfist instead of waiting for extended end) he even posted a little video on FB taken backstage at the brisbane show with the band doing silly interpretive hand signals and him walking out at the start, classic stuff. Maybe the only thing that irked me off a bit was him basically running offstage while everyone else stayed and bowed more and thanked everyone, especially adam who stayed the longest and was most animated.

Already waiting in anticipation of promo tour for next album... please be this year!!!!

P.S to the freaks that sat next to me... waiting a seat away and then girl swapping with boy to avoid sitting next to SHOCK another man... grow up it's a concert not 5th grade.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote