View Single Post
elizedwards1
01-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Having spent the last 30 years bringing up five children whilst extolling the music of such bands as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple I didn’t take much real notice of what my children listened to. My three sons all immense TOOL fans suggested I may like to go to a TOOL concert with them to be re-educated. Well here is one nunna who is quite converted. Visually I found myself mesmerised, such stories these images and lights were telling. My eldest (30) having been to seven or eight TOOL concerts said that this was definitely the best so far. The music was like a re-awakening for me. Such intensity and passion. I have to say Danny Carey IS the world’s greatest drummer no question. (sorry John Bonham-but hey you had your time) Maynard is totally intriguing. ( I have a grandson Maynard, yes they are THAT dedicated TOOL fans) What a night. Now I just want to go to another TOOL show and see what happens next. Who needs drugs. Oh and I adored the Benny Hill song “Ernie” at the end. Love to know whose idea that was. Perfect, “and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west!” Good old Trigger. BTW, I am not that old, only a year or so older than Danny but he looks like about 35. Talk about fit. Wanna know more about that chap. Oh my sons, what have you done to me?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

Having spent the last 30 years bringing up five children whilst extolling the music of such bands as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple I didn’t take much real notice of what my children listened to. My three sons all immense TOOL fans suggested I may like to go to a TOOL concert with them to be re-educated. Well here is one nunna who is quite converted. Visually I found myself mesmerised, such stories these images and lights were telling. My eldest (30) having been to seven or eight TOOL concerts said that this was definitely the best so far. The music was like a re-awakening for me. Such intensity and passion. I have to say Danny Carey IS the world’s greatest drummer no question. (sorry John Bonham-but hey you had your time) Maynard is totally intriguing. ( I have a grandson Maynard, yes they are THAT dedicated TOOL fans) What a night. Now I just want to go to another TOOL show and see what happens next. Who needs drugs. Oh and I adored the Benny Hill song “Ernie” at the end. Love to know whose idea that was. Perfect, “and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west!” Good old Trigger. BTW, I am not that old, only a year or so older than Danny but he looks like about 35. Talk about fit. Wanna know more about that chap. Oh my sons, what have you done to me?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote