View Single Post
GregAndo
01-25-2011, 12:46 AM

I also tend to disagree with the qz8rdr and louie56. I went to the '02 in Brisbane, '07 BDO at the Gold Coast, '07 show in Sydney and now '11 BDO Gold Coast and '11 in Brisbane. Sure, each show has varied in the normal way that any humanly conceived product will - but I always struggle to endorse any one show above another (exception being better sound quality at concerts rather than festivals).

I missed the shows from the 90's but I don't feel like anything has changed in the result. Each is always so impressive. It surprises me how critical people can be...I could never pay $130 to see a show only to break down every single thing and over analyze it.

Maybe I am just too easy to impress, but as I have seen many other people say - I follow them along on their journey for a couple of hours, relax, and absorb - accept the odd mistake (as they are human beings) - I walk out wondering not only how they can do what they do, but how they created something so fantastic...my only disappointment in any TOOL concert is that they will never sound that clear, full and complete on my media players...

Anyway, thats probably just me.

Oh - and for all those complaining about the Entertainment Centre's email - sure, it isn't good...but this is a TOOL concert people...why the hell werent you there at 7:30 like the rest of us to be completely and 100% sure that there is absolutely no traffic, no public transport issues, no car break down and no freaking other thing that can possibly get between you and the band you love? I think we all really know who is to blame here...
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

I also tend to disagree with the qz8rdr and louie56. I went to the '02 in Brisbane, '07 BDO at the Gold Coast, '07 show in Sydney and now '11 BDO Gold Coast and '11 in Brisbane. Sure, each show has varied in the normal way that any humanly conceived product will - but I always struggle to endorse any one show above another (exception being better sound quality at concerts rather than festivals).

I missed the shows from the 90's but I don't feel like anything has changed in the result. Each is always so impressive. It surprises me how critical people can be...I could never pay $130 to see a show only to break down every single thing and over analyze it.

Maybe I am just too easy to impress, but as I have seen many other people say - I follow them along on their journey for a couple of hours, relax, and absorb - accept the odd mistake (as they are human beings) - I walk out wondering not only how they can do what they do, but how they created something so fantastic...my only disappointment in any TOOL concert is that they will never sound that clear, full and complete on my media players...

Anyway, thats probably just me.

Oh - and for all those complaining about the Entertainment Centre's email - sure, it isn't good...but this is a TOOL concert people...why the hell werent you there at 7:30 like the rest of us to be completely and 100% sure that there is absolutely no traffic, no public transport issues, no car break down and no freaking other thing that can possibly get between you and the band you love? I think we all really know who is to blame here...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote