View Single Post
badisposition
01-28-2016, 10:15 PM

I see as many tool shows as possible if they come to the bay area i'm there,
since 1993

I learned my lesson from the previous night and sat upstairs in the balcony i did not miss the
floor action.
The sound is better and all the lighting and video is safely viewable without much
obstruction. I still miss the days when Maynard was out stomping in front but this
was a very cool show.
I love hearing No Quarter again they play it better now than they did in '93-'94
The Grudge is great but prefer a long scream hell i would of liked any ( like the one he did
for Adams bday card) maybe not
Parobola needs Parobol but i will take it. always feel like the band loves playing it and I feel good hearing it
As i write this review i realize that the rest of the show was as all have already stated
I like the new jam for Opiate, hearing Sweat for the 1st time live in years was nice. the band seemed a bit off as they played it but im not complaining Tool is just better than most bands even when they are off a bit. the piece ppl are calling "descending" has now morphed a little and away from what i thought was very much like an instrumental 46&2 to a more distinctive and polished instrumental which I really like. It just makes me feel good listening to it. anyway Stinkfist is a solid show closer. Leaves us all wanting more and thats what its all about.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:15 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: REVIEW - Jan 7th SF

I see as many tool shows as possible if they come to the bay area i'm there,
since 1993

I learned my lesson from the previous night and sat upstairs in the balcony i did not miss the
floor action.
The sound is better and all the lighting and video is safely viewable without much
obstruction. I still miss the days when Maynard was out stomping in front but this
was a very cool show.
I love hearing No Quarter again they play it better now than they did in '93-'94
The Grudge is great but prefer a long scream hell i would of liked any ( like the one he did
for Adams bday card) maybe not
Parobola needs Parobol but i will take it. always feel like the band loves playing it and I feel good hearing it
As i write this review i realize that the rest of the show was as all have already stated
I like the new jam for Opiate, hearing Sweat for the 1st time live in years was nice. the band seemed a bit off as they played it but im not complaining Tool is just better than most bands even when they are off a bit. the piece ppl are calling "descending" has now morphed a little and away from what i thought was very much like an instrumental 46&2 to a more distinctive and polished instrumental which I really like. It just makes me feel good listening to it. anyway Stinkfist is a solid show closer. Leaves us all wanting more and thats what its all about.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote