View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
01-10-2016, 12:32 AM

Opiate was played tonight. Happy about that. Other highlights were The Grudge and Parabola. And maybe Vicarious of all songs. Somehow it sounded fresh. Maybe just proof the band was not mailing it in.

I am about the same age as the members of Tool and I know it cannot be easy to trot out this type of technically challenging music and make it work live. But they do it. Tonight may be the best I have heard them play. I've got plenty of experience with their shows and I can say this without hesitation.

Great to see you Embryo (and friends) as always. Sorry I missed other boardies. Hopefully some of us can catch up tomorrow!

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-10-2016 at 09:32 AM..
Old 01-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: REVIEW - Jan 9th San Diego

Opiate was played tonight. Happy about that. Other highlights were The Grudge and Parabola. And maybe Vicarious of all songs. Somehow it sounded fresh. Maybe just proof the band was not mailing it in.

I am about the same age as the members of Tool and I know it cannot be easy to trot out this type of technically challenging music and make it work live. But they do it. Tonight may be the best I have heard them play. I've got plenty of experience with their shows and I can say this without hesitation.

Great to see you Embryo (and friends) as always. Sorry I missed other boardies. Hopefully some of us can catch up tomorrow!

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-10-2016 at 09:32 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote