View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/22 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place

Unbelieveable.

This is only my second Tool show (first one was Lateralus, also in Vancouver).

This show rocked my ears off. Literally -- I'm still a little bit def. However, I can't complain much I was front row centre and the security guy DID offer me ear plugs. That was nice of him, and I refused.

I think maynard must have given everyone in the front row a "moment", becuase I had a similar experience as evil agent, not quite as dramatic though. Maybe it's just his sunglasses are good at hiding what he's really giving the eye to :P

Other than the defness (preventable), it was a great show. The band really seemed to honestly appreciate the audience, or at least were great at acting like they did.

My favorite moment was a toss up between justing playing bass with a beer bottle, and adam playing guitar with what I can only describe as a vibrator. I think it was during the intro to sober -- but I could be mistaken, I didn't pay attention to these things.

I'll have to pay more attention at the Gorge.

OH, and in my personal opinion -- after seeing the live act... Rosetta Stoned is 100% humor, there is nothing serious, or deep and meaningful about that song. It's just a great demonstration of humor, sometimes subtle, sometimes blatant, beautiful.

I don't really have anything useful to say, other than I loved the show. It was an amazing experinece to be right up front and centre. Fortuantely I'm tall, so I could still see the visuals on the stage itself; however, I will definately be focusing more on that at the Gorge where I'll be much further back.

DT

Last edited by DTrain; 08-24-2006 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: More thoughts...
OFFLINE |