View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323
Re: Adventures in Acrylic Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post
I don't pay for commissioned/unfinished work, I'd have to see something before I'd know if I like it or not. Is that one 11x14 as well?
That's completely understandable. I can recreate the top piece and if you don't care for it, you don't have to purchase the painting. Yes it's on a 11x14 canvas. I picked up twenty 11x14 canvases to practice on. I have a few left, then I am going to go bigger. These were merely for practice and for fun. I am flattered that you want to purchase my first painting.

Quote:
As for price I was thinking closer to $100 plus shipping might be possible for me, but I can't throw too much money away on art atm. I got a backlog of things I need to purchase for my guitar rig and home theater setups before I can throw more money at home decor.
I can agree on $100 for a painting. I'll do that if you like the clone of the top art.

Quote:
The second one is nice, but I'm not a big fan of how the canvas texture comes forward so much, I like when the paint is thick and makes it's own texture. I bought some acrylic paints myself and construction paper but the things I was planning to paint might require more precision than I am willing to spend in effort atm. Basically I fucked up the initial pencil drawing that I was going to paint over and let the project stagnate a couple months.
Yep, that's exactly what happened with the bottom painting...the paint dried and I went over it again and it left the texture underneath. I am learning from this. I did not sketch the bottom painting at all, I just painted it from my head. I sketched a previous painting in pencil first thinking that the paint would cover it up. It did not and I had to glob on a ton of paint to get rid of the lines underneath. I now loosely sketch with a piece of chalk for the outline.

Quote:
I also had some sick drawings and paintings from highschool. My teacher bought me a portfolio for them but it appears someone stole it or it got left behind when moving. One of the paintings had glass beads that I made embedded into the acrylic.
That really sucks! I had hundereds of drawings and colored sharpie pieces that I did in high school. Most of them classic rock album covers. They are all gone. I had given up drawing when I turned 18 and threw everything out because I thought they sucked. They didn't suck, I was just mad that my HS art teacher gave me a D in art class. It fucked with my head and I never thought that I would make art again. I sold my drafting table and tossed all of my art supplies in the garbage.

I want to create art that has not been done before. I am on the right path. I am pushing myself to attempt projects that I never thought possible. My current painting is going to have a chrome spaceship in it and I have read and watched many tutorials on how to paint reflective objects.

Last edited by lotus.; 05-29-2019 at 10:51 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote