View Single Post
Ginch
07-16-2007, 06:01 AM

The show was great, setlist wast great, come on, Pushit and Flood! I often see conflicting accounts of the acoustics at TOOL shows. TOOL play extremely loud, maybe too loud. I've seen them in small venues and big outdoor venues as well. It's been my experience, and even when I'm buying tickets I'll try to get seats in the center, not too close to the stage, and not too far away either. The best sounding shows to me have always been in these locations. I was at the Orpheum in May of 2006, my seats were almost the last row, I thought the sound was lousy, but I've read other posts stating that it sounded killer. Harford September 2001, dead center, first couple of rows past the floor, sounded un real. So crisp and vibrant. Thursdays show I was pretty close to stage, although off to the right, section 1. It sounded OK to me, but nowhere near as good as some other shows. Last fall I was at Tweeter center and was first row of seats that were not under roof, sounded much better than Thursday.
I've posted before, if you know what to listen for it's always there.
As far as the Tweeter center goes, I'll probably never go back there again. Parking stinks, security is way too tight, can't even smoke cigarettes? Come on, we are outside! There were too many guys in yellow shirts with flashlights. Try taking a pic on your phone, these guys were all over you. I had the pleasure of being at the end of a row and seeing these guys all night.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 AM   #74
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

The show was great, setlist wast great, come on, Pushit and Flood! I often see conflicting accounts of the acoustics at TOOL shows. TOOL play extremely loud, maybe too loud. I've seen them in small venues and big outdoor venues as well. It's been my experience, and even when I'm buying tickets I'll try to get seats in the center, not too close to the stage, and not too far away either. The best sounding shows to me have always been in these locations. I was at the Orpheum in May of 2006, my seats were almost the last row, I thought the sound was lousy, but I've read other posts stating that it sounded killer. Harford September 2001, dead center, first couple of rows past the floor, sounded un real. So crisp and vibrant. Thursdays show I was pretty close to stage, although off to the right, section 1. It sounded OK to me, but nowhere near as good as some other shows. Last fall I was at Tweeter center and was first row of seats that were not under roof, sounded much better than Thursday.
I've posted before, if you know what to listen for it's always there.
As far as the Tweeter center goes, I'll probably never go back there again. Parking stinks, security is way too tight, can't even smoke cigarettes? Come on, we are outside! There were too many guys in yellow shirts with flashlights. Try taking a pic on your phone, these guys were all over you. I had the pleasure of being at the end of a row and seeing these guys all night.
OFFLINE |