View Single Post
civdis24's Avatar civdis24
07-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Personally I thought this show was a fucking treat. This was only my second show so far with my first being at the Hartford civic center--which wasn't great due to crappy sound and a disappointing set list. Needless to say this show kicked the shit out of Hartford. The sound levels started off pretty bad with Jambi being all garbled bass and no guitar or vocals. Thankfully this was remedied and the levels were adjusted to what I thought of as very good level EXCEPT Maynard was a bit on the quiet side.

Highlights:
- Schism was the best version I've heard, with good levels and the mind-blowing double time extension.
- PUSHIT!!!!! was a real treat and a total surprise. So happy I heard it live.
- Flood - awesome. Glad to hear something off Undertow finally
- Lateralus. EPIC. Drum solo dueling was the most amazing thing I've heard at any concert for any band. Purely epic.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about the sound at the Tweeter center. At least from the lawn where I was the sound was awesome (at least it became awesome somewhere during or after Stinkfist). Honestly I think lawn 'seats' at the Tweeter are second only to only the frontmost rows. Where I was standing it wasn't too far away, I could still clearly see the stage and at least where I was the sound was great and my view was completely unobstructed.

Conclusion:
Awesome. Great set list. Love Maynard's freakish dancing/movements. Great show.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

Personally I thought this show was a fucking treat. This was only my second show so far with my first being at the Hartford civic center--which wasn't great due to crappy sound and a disappointing set list. Needless to say this show kicked the shit out of Hartford. The sound levels started off pretty bad with Jambi being all garbled bass and no guitar or vocals. Thankfully this was remedied and the levels were adjusted to what I thought of as very good level EXCEPT Maynard was a bit on the quiet side.

Highlights:
- Schism was the best version I've heard, with good levels and the mind-blowing double time extension.
- PUSHIT!!!!! was a real treat and a total surprise. So happy I heard it live.
- Flood - awesome. Glad to hear something off Undertow finally
- Lateralus. EPIC. Drum solo dueling was the most amazing thing I've heard at any concert for any band. Purely epic.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about the sound at the Tweeter center. At least from the lawn where I was the sound was awesome (at least it became awesome somewhere during or after Stinkfist). Honestly I think lawn 'seats' at the Tweeter are second only to only the frontmost rows. Where I was standing it wasn't too far away, I could still clearly see the stage and at least where I was the sound was great and my view was completely unobstructed.

Conclusion:
Awesome. Great set list. Love Maynard's freakish dancing/movements. Great show.
OFFLINE |