View Single Post
mjr
07-13-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
I'm as big a fan as the next, but last night just didn't do it for me. I can't believe people say that was the best show they have seen. I was in sec 3 row bb, right in front of the vip seats. Sound was terrible, I kept thinking maynard was fucking up..but it was the sound..just awful...2nd show on this tour I have went to and couldn't hear maynard. so I payed 67.25 for my ticket...split vip parking with friends, didn't buy anything because it was as if you were in hell..8 bucks a beer? that should be illegal. and for what? the same setlist except for 2 songs. this is supposed to be the 10,000 days tour and they don't even play 2 songs on the short fucking album. they play stinkfist, 46&2 and schism, which they keep on playing for whatever reason. then maynard walks off stage for 10min of a drumoff where they could have fit another song, and then he can't even fnish vicarious. sub par performance, and whats with the green t-shirt? that was lame. I'm done seeing tool live, unless they do a drastic set list change. ask yourselves if the traffic, money, and 11 songs with terrible sound and missing lines is really worth it.
Care to describe more about what you found wrong with the sound? I have had issues with the sound at both tweeter shows and, given how amazing they were at Orpheum, seriously believe its the venue.

I agree with you when you say you couldn't hear Maynard. The vocals have just been far too low at these tweeter shows. Not singing the end of vicarious is pretty stupid too.

Did you also notice a bit of echoing going on? It was most noticable when the guitar and bass riffs transition suddenly. It took a few seconds for the the sounds of previous riffs to die out and it added a very unpolished feel to some parts of some songs.

I'm interested if you want to elaborate because for each of these shows only a few people have come forward and described issues with the sound and mix.

I apologize in advance to the admins who have been deleting posts about the (-) Ions shit and hope that you don't delete this discussion (if it turns into one). I know its not technically a "review" but I don't see how in-depth discussion of the show hurts anybody.

Floodmatt - thats interesting to hear, given that I was in section 7 as well.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #44
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
I'm as big a fan as the next, but last night just didn't do it for me. I can't believe people say that was the best show they have seen. I was in sec 3 row bb, right in front of the vip seats. Sound was terrible, I kept thinking maynard was fucking up..but it was the sound..just awful...2nd show on this tour I have went to and couldn't hear maynard. so I payed 67.25 for my ticket...split vip parking with friends, didn't buy anything because it was as if you were in hell..8 bucks a beer? that should be illegal. and for what? the same setlist except for 2 songs. this is supposed to be the 10,000 days tour and they don't even play 2 songs on the short fucking album. they play stinkfist, 46&2 and schism, which they keep on playing for whatever reason. then maynard walks off stage for 10min of a drumoff where they could have fit another song, and then he can't even fnish vicarious. sub par performance, and whats with the green t-shirt? that was lame. I'm done seeing tool live, unless they do a drastic set list change. ask yourselves if the traffic, money, and 11 songs with terrible sound and missing lines is really worth it.
Care to describe more about what you found wrong with the sound? I have had issues with the sound at both tweeter shows and, given how amazing they were at Orpheum, seriously believe its the venue.

I agree with you when you say you couldn't hear Maynard. The vocals have just been far too low at these tweeter shows. Not singing the end of vicarious is pretty stupid too.

Did you also notice a bit of echoing going on? It was most noticable when the guitar and bass riffs transition suddenly. It took a few seconds for the the sounds of previous riffs to die out and it added a very unpolished feel to some parts of some songs.

I'm interested if you want to elaborate because for each of these shows only a few people have come forward and described issues with the sound and mix.

I apologize in advance to the admins who have been deleting posts about the (-) Ions shit and hope that you don't delete this discussion (if it turns into one). I know its not technically a "review" but I don't see how in-depth discussion of the show hurts anybody.

Floodmatt - thats interesting to hear, given that I was in section 7 as well.
OFFLINE |