View Single Post
tsully87
07-12-2007, 10:39 PM

I was in Section 3 14th row, on the left wall.

My seats were about 15 feet from the left stack and when Big Business played all I could hear was the bass from the bass drum coming from the subs on the floor. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear all the instruments. However, Tool's sound was mixed much better or something, so the sound was great.

Maynard came on in an orange sweatshirt, just like last year. I guess he expects Boston to be cold.

They played the non-extended Stinkfist, and then didn't play The Pot, so I figured they must have something in store for us. 46&2, Schism, Rosetta Stoned came and went as expected. The drum solo in 46&2 and the extended bridge in Schism were done perfectly.

Then they started playing some synthesizers, sorta sounded like Intension. My friend and I were arguing about whether they were going to play Right in Two or Flood. Then.... they play opening riff to Pushit and everybody is happy. It was an amazing surprise; I thought they were done with it since they havn't played it in over a month. After Pushit, Adam and Justin walked over to Danny, apparently to make sure they knew what was next. Then they walked back and starting playing Flood, which was also unbelievable.

Next they took a break and everyone held up their lighters. It's always awesome to see the whole place filled up with little flames. During the break they dropped the three circular lights from the ceiling and brought out the BB drummer's kit, so I was worried they were going to skip Wings/10kdays.

But, there was no reason to be worried; they played Wings/10kdays, which is much more powerful in concert than on the album. Lateralus was amazing, with an extended bridge including a call-and-answer drum duet between Danny and the BB drummer, during which Justin kept a bass note going with one hand while drinking 3 beers in a few minutes with the other. They ended with Vicarious.

The band was really into it tonight. Justin moved with very note, you could see the concentration in Danny's face, Maynard was very Maynard-esque, with dance moves that only he could pull off. Best Tool show I've heard.

Cya tomorrow on the floor in Portland,
~Sully
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

I was in Section 3 14th row, on the left wall.

My seats were about 15 feet from the left stack and when Big Business played all I could hear was the bass from the bass drum coming from the subs on the floor. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear all the instruments. However, Tool's sound was mixed much better or something, so the sound was great.

Maynard came on in an orange sweatshirt, just like last year. I guess he expects Boston to be cold.

They played the non-extended Stinkfist, and then didn't play The Pot, so I figured they must have something in store for us. 46&2, Schism, Rosetta Stoned came and went as expected. The drum solo in 46&2 and the extended bridge in Schism were done perfectly.

Then they started playing some synthesizers, sorta sounded like Intension. My friend and I were arguing about whether they were going to play Right in Two or Flood. Then.... they play opening riff to Pushit and everybody is happy. It was an amazing surprise; I thought they were done with it since they havn't played it in over a month. After Pushit, Adam and Justin walked over to Danny, apparently to make sure they knew what was next. Then they walked back and starting playing Flood, which was also unbelievable.

Next they took a break and everyone held up their lighters. It's always awesome to see the whole place filled up with little flames. During the break they dropped the three circular lights from the ceiling and brought out the BB drummer's kit, so I was worried they were going to skip Wings/10kdays.

But, there was no reason to be worried; they played Wings/10kdays, which is much more powerful in concert than on the album. Lateralus was amazing, with an extended bridge including a call-and-answer drum duet between Danny and the BB drummer, during which Justin kept a bass note going with one hand while drinking 3 beers in a few minutes with the other. They ended with Vicarious.

The band was really into it tonight. Justin moved with very note, you could see the concentration in Danny's face, Maynard was very Maynard-esque, with dance moves that only he could pull off. Best Tool show I've heard.

Cya tomorrow on the floor in Portland,
~Sully
OFFLINE |