View Single Post
SMEPman
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM

First Tool concert ever. Missed both last year.

Section 103, row 2...just above the crowd about 75' from Justin.

The sheer impact was incredible. However, like many have commented so far, Maynard's vocal was crap. I thought to myself 'this would be REALLY awesome if they turned it down and let the guy sing!'

This band is a well-oiled machine. I was awe-struck but their ease of operation up there. I practically watched Danny the whole time. The dude works his ass off, but makes it look extremely easy in the process. Naturally, he didn't miss a beat.

The highlight for me was WFM part 2. All time fav Tool song and they did it justice for sure! I hoped they would play it, but was nervous that it would come off kind of dull. Nope, it was fanfuckingtastic...if you ask me.

I got a whole new respect for the contibution Justin makes to the band. The way he puts everyone in a trance during "Lost Keys" is pretty incredible. I'm still trying to figure out how he does that.

Can't wait till next time....if I'm lucky!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 41
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

First Tool concert ever. Missed both last year.

Section 103, row 2...just above the crowd about 75' from Justin.

The sheer impact was incredible. However, like many have commented so far, Maynard's vocal was crap. I thought to myself 'this would be REALLY awesome if they turned it down and let the guy sing!'

This band is a well-oiled machine. I was awe-struck but their ease of operation up there. I practically watched Danny the whole time. The dude works his ass off, but makes it look extremely easy in the process. Naturally, he didn't miss a beat.

The highlight for me was WFM part 2. All time fav Tool song and they did it justice for sure! I hoped they would play it, but was nervous that it would come off kind of dull. Nope, it was fanfuckingtastic...if you ask me.

I got a whole new respect for the contibution Justin makes to the band. The way he puts everyone in a trance during "Lost Keys" is pretty incredible. I'm still trying to figure out how he does that.

Can't wait till next time....if I'm lucky!