View Single Post
mbooker
06-21-2007, 06:42 AM

My second show. Can't say it will be my last, but, <sigh> I don't know. Love the band, love the music. I'm not that old, 34, but feel like the concert thing is kind of iffy anymore. I just don't get it. Does anyone come to listen to the music and watch the show? Seriously. Maybe my mistake was that I was on the floor. Its just so surreal to see people moshing and surfing during Wings. Am I missing something? It really takes away from the enjoyment, to the point where I don't think I'm going to the St. Louis show even though I have a ticket. Its absolutely nothing against Tool, but the stupid crowds are unbearable. And I say this fearing like I'm some uppity douche bag, that's not it (I hope). Here's my other thoughts

During Stinkfist, it was a CD case that was thrown on stage. As the prior posts said, he didn't sing the second verse while he was looking at it. A few minutes later, he grabbed the CD from where he put it and smashed it with his heel.

Llike so many others, I tried to like Melt Banana. Seriously. I tried. The music isn't absolutely terrible, but the vocals - yikes.

The vocals: MJK's vocals were much better than when I saw the show last fall in Chicago. But the acoustics are just plain bad in the arena. I don't know what you do about this, but 70% of the time the vocals were drowned out.

I give credit to the security guys that were around my section. They were cool and didn't do anything stupid. Even handed out water.

That's about it. Still love the music, but the live experience isn't that great; but its not Tool's fault that's for sure.

-The End
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

My second show. Can't say it will be my last, but, <sigh> I don't know. Love the band, love the music. I'm not that old, 34, but feel like the concert thing is kind of iffy anymore. I just don't get it. Does anyone come to listen to the music and watch the show? Seriously. Maybe my mistake was that I was on the floor. Its just so surreal to see people moshing and surfing during Wings. Am I missing something? It really takes away from the enjoyment, to the point where I don't think I'm going to the St. Louis show even though I have a ticket. Its absolutely nothing against Tool, but the stupid crowds are unbearable. And I say this fearing like I'm some uppity douche bag, that's not it (I hope). Here's my other thoughts

During Stinkfist, it was a CD case that was thrown on stage. As the prior posts said, he didn't sing the second verse while he was looking at it. A few minutes later, he grabbed the CD from where he put it and smashed it with his heel.

Llike so many others, I tried to like Melt Banana. Seriously. I tried. The music isn't absolutely terrible, but the vocals - yikes.

The vocals: MJK's vocals were much better than when I saw the show last fall in Chicago. But the acoustics are just plain bad in the arena. I don't know what you do about this, but 70% of the time the vocals were drowned out.

I give credit to the security guys that were around my section. They were cool and didn't do anything stupid. Even handed out water.

That's about it. Still love the music, but the live experience isn't that great; but its not Tool's fault that's for sure.

-The End
OFFLINE |