View Single Post
olethros666's Avatar olethros666
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Jambi
(-)Ions briefly
Stinkfist (Ext)
Forty Six and 2
an interlude that included a bit of Merkaba (I think)
Schism (Ext)
Lost Keys (no vox)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension (no vox, approx 4 min)
Right In Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days ("no flash photography please")
Lateralus (Ext w/ all of Melt Banana, Maynard and the MB singer appeared to be playing cards during the jam)
Vicarious

Too bassy, vocals buried in the mix. The Civic Center generally sucks for acoustics, it's designed for hockey and basketball games.

The band was on point throughout, Maynard was obviously annoyed at times (during Stinkfist he chastised the crowd for not knowing the words or something like that)

Visually incomparable to anything else I've ever seen - not much in the way of lasers describing patterns on the stage that previoius reviews have led me to expect, but still astonishing, especially during Wings/10K.

Oh, this was my 5th show, and 1st on the 10K tour.

Crowd was the usual problematic Peoria crowd of ignorant metalheads, and might just have cost us Aenema, as it seemed that Justin, Danny, and Adam wanted to continue and Maynard nixed it.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

Jambi
(-)Ions briefly
Stinkfist (Ext)
Forty Six and 2
an interlude that included a bit of Merkaba (I think)
Schism (Ext)
Lost Keys (no vox)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension (no vox, approx 4 min)
Right In Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days ("no flash photography please")
Lateralus (Ext w/ all of Melt Banana, Maynard and the MB singer appeared to be playing cards during the jam)
Vicarious

Too bassy, vocals buried in the mix. The Civic Center generally sucks for acoustics, it's designed for hockey and basketball games.

The band was on point throughout, Maynard was obviously annoyed at times (during Stinkfist he chastised the crowd for not knowing the words or something like that)

Visually incomparable to anything else I've ever seen - not much in the way of lasers describing patterns on the stage that previoius reviews have led me to expect, but still astonishing, especially during Wings/10K.

Oh, this was my 5th show, and 1st on the 10K tour.

Crowd was the usual problematic Peoria crowd of ignorant metalheads, and might just have cost us Aenema, as it seemed that Justin, Danny, and Adam wanted to continue and Maynard nixed it.