View Single Post
Swing_on_the_Spiral
05-21-2007, 08:18 AM

This show was pretty damn amazing. The band played great, Maynard's voice sounded good and Danny was great as usual. The Centurytel Center was smaller than i expected and our lower balcony seats were a lot closer than i thought they would be; I was only about 20 feet from Adam. The visuals were a total mind blower, there was so much going on at times it was hard to decide what to look at. I'd say the highlight was Lateralus (which is probably my personal favorite Tool song); all the visuals spiraling and even a drum solo in the breakdown to extend it about 3 minutes. Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was amazing too, really emotional to hear Maynard sing it live. He also did an excellent job vocally on it and nailed every note to near perfection. I thought Jambi was a good opener, and they executed it to near perfection as well. I was happy to hear Right in Two, and the visuals on the screens during it and pretty much all the songs were really tripping me out. There were a few minor dissapointments to the show though. First, the crowd around me was being totally lame. A bunch of preppy frat looking guys and their girlfriends were sitting behind us. They didnt seem too into it and one guy and his girl got in a fight and both of them walked out on the show separately. How could you walk out on Tool?! Basically nobody around me seemed as into the show as me and my friends were. Also, they didnt play Aenema which i noticed is on just about every other tour date on the 10,000 days tour. I suspected this may have been for reasons of political correctness because the show was in Louisiana, and I'm praying for rain and tidal waves probably isn't the most respectful or politically correct thing to say after Katrina. I wouldnt have minded at all, we drove from East Texas and i doubt anyone who paid to see Tool live wold have minded either. I had anticipated they might not play Aenema before the show but thought they would at least replace it with something equally good or maybe even a surprise like Pushit (which I heard was recently played), H. (which i don't even think has been played once on this tour but i was optimistic because it is one of my personal favorites), Eulogy, or anything they haven't really been playing on this tour. I'm pretty sure they just played one song less than they have been playing. This made me feel a little surprised and dissapointed, but it was a great show regardless. I would gladly pay twice the money to watch them play again. The biggest letdown was my own fault. At the end when they were throwing water bottles and drum heads and guitar picks into the crowd one of dannys drum heads came flying above my head and i tried to catch it but it just deflected off my hand to the guy about two rows behind me. When he held it up it had a purple hexagram on it and looked like it was signed by all 4 band members. I can't believe i touched it, much less that i didnt catch it, but I'll get over it eventually. Overall, the show was a great experience. I felt truly inspired by it and really had a great time. If they come anywhere close enough again before they close out the tour, I will almost definitely buy another ticket. Tool has proven to me that they are the best band around to see live or hear on a record. To any Tool fan thinking about going to a concert, do it... i guarantee you will not regret it. It is well worth the money for the visuals alone. After seeing this show i highly doubt the band is making much money off this tour, it is far from a low budget concert.

Last edited by Swing_on_the_Spiral; 05-21-2007 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: grammar error
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/17 - Bossier City, LA - Centurytel Arena

This show was pretty damn amazing. The band played great, Maynard's voice sounded good and Danny was great as usual. The Centurytel Center was smaller than i expected and our lower balcony seats were a lot closer than i thought they would be; I was only about 20 feet from Adam. The visuals were a total mind blower, there was so much going on at times it was hard to decide what to look at. I'd say the highlight was Lateralus (which is probably my personal favorite Tool song); all the visuals spiraling and even a drum solo in the breakdown to extend it about 3 minutes. Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was amazing too, really emotional to hear Maynard sing it live. He also did an excellent job vocally on it and nailed every note to near perfection. I thought Jambi was a good opener, and they executed it to near perfection as well. I was happy to hear Right in Two, and the visuals on the screens during it and pretty much all the songs were really tripping me out. There were a few minor dissapointments to the show though. First, the crowd around me was being totally lame. A bunch of preppy frat looking guys and their girlfriends were sitting behind us. They didnt seem too into it and one guy and his girl got in a fight and both of them walked out on the show separately. How could you walk out on Tool?! Basically nobody around me seemed as into the show as me and my friends were. Also, they didnt play Aenema which i noticed is on just about every other tour date on the 10,000 days tour. I suspected this may have been for reasons of political correctness because the show was in Louisiana, and I'm praying for rain and tidal waves probably isn't the most respectful or politically correct thing to say after Katrina. I wouldnt have minded at all, we drove from East Texas and i doubt anyone who paid to see Tool live wold have minded either. I had anticipated they might not play Aenema before the show but thought they would at least replace it with something equally good or maybe even a surprise like Pushit (which I heard was recently played), H. (which i don't even think has been played once on this tour but i was optimistic because it is one of my personal favorites), Eulogy, or anything they haven't really been playing on this tour. I'm pretty sure they just played one song less than they have been playing. This made me feel a little surprised and dissapointed, but it was a great show regardless. I would gladly pay twice the money to watch them play again. The biggest letdown was my own fault. At the end when they were throwing water bottles and drum heads and guitar picks into the crowd one of dannys drum heads came flying above my head and i tried to catch it but it just deflected off my hand to the guy about two rows behind me. When he held it up it had a purple hexagram on it and looked like it was signed by all 4 band members. I can't believe i touched it, much less that i didnt catch it, but I'll get over it eventually. Overall, the show was a great experience. I felt truly inspired by it and really had a great time. If they come anywhere close enough again before they close out the tour, I will almost definitely buy another ticket. Tool has proven to me that they are the best band around to see live or hear on a record. To any Tool fan thinking about going to a concert, do it... i guarantee you will not regret it. It is well worth the money for the visuals alone. After seeing this show i highly doubt the band is making much money off this tour, it is far from a low budget concert.

Last edited by Swing_on_the_Spiral; 05-21-2007 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: grammar error
OFFLINE |