View Single Post
ikepgh
05-17-2007, 09:26 PM

Overall, the show was a memorable one, but it was still a bit of a let down for a few reasons. This was my second Tool show, my first show was on Ozzfest '98 (-- now that was a show!).

It was disappointing from this standpoint, I mean....$128 for two of us, $76 for shirts and not even Sober or Ænima for us everyday fans who don't get to see them fifteen times on tour? I don't expect to hear every hit or them to make everyone happy, but com'mon... I saw a lot of people leave in disbelief that it was over after Vicarious. Perhaps it was because they played three nights in a row? Who knows? Others posted that there were some things thrown around but I didn't see anything major or even come close to the band from where I was sitting.

The sound/production/lasers were all pretty good, but the setlist was incomplete in my opinion. I won't comment about it's predictability since they surprised me at the end (unfortunately).... Also, since I haven't seen them in almost 9 years predictability is not an issue with me as it is with others who have seen them numerous times this tour.

I came to this show to see a band I've liked since my college years back in '96, I checked into what their new setlist is like and was glad that they were still playing some of my old favorites. The problem with the predictable setlist thing they are doing is that it leads to people coming in with a certain set of expectations...

Overall, like many others have said about other shows on this tour, it's probably the best thing currently out there...

Last edited by ikepgh; 05-18-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/17 - Bossier City, LA - Centurytel Arena

Overall, the show was a memorable one, but it was still a bit of a let down for a few reasons. This was my second Tool show, my first show was on Ozzfest '98 (-- now that was a show!).

It was disappointing from this standpoint, I mean....$128 for two of us, $76 for shirts and not even Sober or Ænima for us everyday fans who don't get to see them fifteen times on tour? I don't expect to hear every hit or them to make everyone happy, but com'mon... I saw a lot of people leave in disbelief that it was over after Vicarious. Perhaps it was because they played three nights in a row? Who knows? Others posted that there were some things thrown around but I didn't see anything major or even come close to the band from where I was sitting.

The sound/production/lasers were all pretty good, but the setlist was incomplete in my opinion. I won't comment about it's predictability since they surprised me at the end (unfortunately).... Also, since I haven't seen them in almost 9 years predictability is not an issue with me as it is with others who have seen them numerous times this tour.

I came to this show to see a band I've liked since my college years back in '96, I checked into what their new setlist is like and was glad that they were still playing some of my old favorites. The problem with the predictable setlist thing they are doing is that it leads to people coming in with a certain set of expectations...

Overall, like many others have said about other shows on this tour, it's probably the best thing currently out there...

Last edited by ikepgh; 05-18-2007 at 03:36 PM..
OFFLINE |