View Single Post
Gotr
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM

I'm not going to make any real argument about the validity of the ascisco argument itself, but I will say that the Latin scholar earlier made a crucial mistake: yes, in *classical* Latin ascisco would be pronounced "ahss-keess-koe" and viginti tres would be pronounced "wi-ghen-tee traess," in *ecclesiastical* Latin (shorthand amongst Latin scholars to refer to Latin as it is used since the 20th century largely by scholars from the Roman Catholic Church and a few other protestant groups), ascisco would be pronounced "ah-shee-schoe," and viginti tres would be pronounced "vi-jen-tee traes."
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: What the hidden message is really saying

I'm not going to make any real argument about the validity of the ascisco argument itself, but I will say that the Latin scholar earlier made a crucial mistake: yes, in *classical* Latin ascisco would be pronounced "ahss-keess-koe" and viginti tres would be pronounced "wi-ghen-tee traess," in *ecclesiastical* Latin (shorthand amongst Latin scholars to refer to Latin as it is used since the 20th century largely by scholars from the Roman Catholic Church and a few other protestant groups), ascisco would be pronounced "ah-shee-schoe," and viginti tres would be pronounced "vi-jen-tee traes."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote