View Single Post
Etamina's Avatar Etamina
05-02-2008, 10:45 AM

I'm surprised to see that so many don't believe there is signficance to be found in this track.

Even tracks like Die Eier Von Satan are telling us something, even if the message isn't direct.

Tool is a serious project. All of it's members can exert themselves creatively in other ways, and I don't believe they're "just having fun" when they get together to make an album. They have a message to share, and they havean intention that cannot be denied.

I agree that they don't want the sweetest fruits of their labor to be obvious, to be picked quickly. But there is nothing readily intelligable about Viginti Tres, and seems unfair to accept it at face value as nothing more than an ambient, creepy track to wrap up 10,000 days.

Remember, this is a voice, and so immediately becomes less abstract. It is at least one word with a definite meaning.

I have no concrete answers, but I agree with Ascisco. It makes the most sense contextually, and if we can agree that this is this voice of God (per Tool), then I wouldn't count on the words being English.

Part of Tool's beauty is rediscovering more ways to percieve their art, and given their history, anything submitted by them to the world should be seen as inspired until proven arbitrary.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #88
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: What the hidden message is really saying

I'm surprised to see that so many don't believe there is signficance to be found in this track.

Even tracks like Die Eier Von Satan are telling us something, even if the message isn't direct.

Tool is a serious project. All of it's members can exert themselves creatively in other ways, and I don't believe they're "just having fun" when they get together to make an album. They have a message to share, and they havean intention that cannot be denied.

I agree that they don't want the sweetest fruits of their labor to be obvious, to be picked quickly. But there is nothing readily intelligable about Viginti Tres, and seems unfair to accept it at face value as nothing more than an ambient, creepy track to wrap up 10,000 days.

Remember, this is a voice, and so immediately becomes less abstract. It is at least one word with a definite meaning.

I have no concrete answers, but I agree with Ascisco. It makes the most sense contextually, and if we can agree that this is this voice of God (per Tool), then I wouldn't count on the words being English.

Part of Tool's beauty is rediscovering more ways to percieve their art, and given their history, anything submitted by them to the world should be seen as inspired until proven arbitrary.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote