View Single Post
aftrdark
07-13-2007, 08:03 PM

Wow.. it's been a few days since the show now and I still have flashes in my head. What an experience !!!
My 3rd T00L show and they get better everytime !!
The visuals and the lazers were captivating, its just as if you get hypnotized and brought into another dimension.
From where I was sitting, section 111 row A seat 14 (right next to the stairs, last seat before section 112) the view was incredible so close to the stage, yet not trashed around in the mosh pit.
The ppl around me were very quiet during the songs which I appreciated a great deal. Having the chance to witness a show like this cannot be compromised by potheads and drunkass spilling beer and screaming like animals.
There was so much to see, so much energy all around I think about it it still blows my mind.
Maynard was incredible, very into it and he seemed like he was having a great time. I know in some shows where the crowd act like morons and shit, he stays back and sings with his back to the crowd.
That wasn't the case at all Tuesday at all !
The part with the fan and the toilet paper was pritty funny, altho it didnt end like he wanted to when he instructed the crowd in the moshpit to pass the thing around without breaking the paper ha ha.
Seeing all the lighters go on before Wings was amazing, gave me shivers !
Seeing 12K ppl sharing that moment with the band with their lighters up.. filling the arena with one same energy that was special.
My highlights.. Sitting so close to see the expression on their faces, and FL00D !!! OMG that was overwhelming.. hearing some older stuff from Undertow wow !!!!!!! When Maynard started to sing "Water".... hearing the drum ever so loud.... Justin and his magic fingers on the bass... The crowd going nuts.... NO word can describe !
This show has topped it for me, slightly in front of their Montreal show in 2001 with the contortionists during Parabol/Parabola.

I sure hope they come back !!!

I saw some ppl saying they would have appreciated to hear PushIT, for my part having heard it in 2001 (The Salival version, Totally mindblowing), I was delighted to hear The Pot, which sounds sooooo great live.

Oh and, I lift my hat to Cody(sorry if spelling is wrong) from Big Business !!!
At 1st when they played I wasnt too sure about them as it was my 1st time hearing them but gawd.. can that kid ever hit things !!! OMG
The drum solo during Lateralus was amazing, what a demonstration of imagination, skills and rhythm !!! Absolutely beautiful to watch Thank you for that !! Danny was having a blast from where I was sitting I could see him smiling from ear to ear and nodding to Cody a "well done kid" kinda smile.

Adam is a magician, quiet in his actions yet spectacular.

Awesome to see such talented people being at their best.
Being somehow a part of such an experience is a blessing...

Shine on !!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/10 - Montreal, QC - Bell Center

Wow.. it's been a few days since the show now and I still have flashes in my head. What an experience !!!
My 3rd T00L show and they get better everytime !!
The visuals and the lazers were captivating, its just as if you get hypnotized and brought into another dimension.
From where I was sitting, section 111 row A seat 14 (right next to the stairs, last seat before section 112) the view was incredible so close to the stage, yet not trashed around in the mosh pit.
The ppl around me were very quiet during the songs which I appreciated a great deal. Having the chance to witness a show like this cannot be compromised by potheads and drunkass spilling beer and screaming like animals.
There was so much to see, so much energy all around I think about it it still blows my mind.
Maynard was incredible, very into it and he seemed like he was having a great time. I know in some shows where the crowd act like morons and shit, he stays back and sings with his back to the crowd.
That wasn't the case at all Tuesday at all !
The part with the fan and the toilet paper was pritty funny, altho it didnt end like he wanted to when he instructed the crowd in the moshpit to pass the thing around without breaking the paper ha ha.
Seeing all the lighters go on before Wings was amazing, gave me shivers !
Seeing 12K ppl sharing that moment with the band with their lighters up.. filling the arena with one same energy that was special.
My highlights.. Sitting so close to see the expression on their faces, and FL00D !!! OMG that was overwhelming.. hearing some older stuff from Undertow wow !!!!!!! When Maynard started to sing "Water".... hearing the drum ever so loud.... Justin and his magic fingers on the bass... The crowd going nuts.... NO word can describe !
This show has topped it for me, slightly in front of their Montreal show in 2001 with the contortionists during Parabol/Parabola.

I sure hope they come back !!!

I saw some ppl saying they would have appreciated to hear PushIT, for my part having heard it in 2001 (The Salival version, Totally mindblowing), I was delighted to hear The Pot, which sounds sooooo great live.

Oh and, I lift my hat to Cody(sorry if spelling is wrong) from Big Business !!!
At 1st when they played I wasnt too sure about them as it was my 1st time hearing them but gawd.. can that kid ever hit things !!! OMG
The drum solo during Lateralus was amazing, what a demonstration of imagination, skills and rhythm !!! Absolutely beautiful to watch Thank you for that !! Danny was having a blast from where I was sitting I could see him smiling from ear to ear and nodding to Cody a "well done kid" kinda smile.

Adam is a magician, quiet in his actions yet spectacular.

Awesome to see such talented people being at their best.
Being somehow a part of such an experience is a blessing...

Shine on !!
OFFLINE |