View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 06:41 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

I was in section 113...The sound was actually much better than I expected for a dump hockey rink...my seats were infinitely better than I imagined they would be, given that the ticket said "limited view"-bullshit, I was 25 feet from Justin, perhaps closer. Maynard was indeed quite animated...as was Justin...I think the Danny's tech was just raising the top portion of a high hat when he came out front, and I think the white lab coat was to reflect the stage lights. Quite frankly...Tool kicked a lot of ass this show, each song was incredibly tight...i saw the Lateralus tour in Providence, RI in 2001 i think...the show where Maynard blew out his voice on Parabola and threw down the mic...the video is on youtube...so I was just glad to see a less bitter Maynard having fun, even if it required ripping on the audience for being too quiet, which they might have been...I know my section was high from the Pot until AEnema, so there was moderate vocal input between songs, mostly just mouth agape awe...myself included...once again...Tool's always worth it...on their worst day they still clean up any band out there.
OFFLINE |