View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/25 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

OK, let me just put my thoughts here...

Been a Tool fan for 10 years now. Saw them once in 2002, also here in Edmonton, so this was my 2nd Tool show.

The sound was horrible from where I was sitting (way up in section 337). I brought earplugs just in case, like I always do for any show I go to... Well, it started out and it wasn't very loud so I didn't think I needed them, but the sound was so muddled, that I put them in, but it didn't really help. I took them out again, but then at one point I realized if I plug my ears really really tight, I can hear everything better (and this wasn't until Rosetta Stoned). So I put my earplugs in really tight, and everything sounded pretty good... good, but not great. The sound was now clear, but not nearly loud enough to move me, you know? So... enough complaining about the sound. Next time I'll pay the price for better seats, or go somewhere where they're playing a venue with better acoustics (this is a hockey arena, fyi).

The visuals were cool. People have already talked about the screen stage thing. It had a great effect. The lasers moving to the drums during Lateralus was really neat.

It was REALLY nice to finally hear 46&2 and Opiate live. Though, looking at the other setlists, I feel bad that I missed Right In Two. But how can I complain when I did get Opiate? I don't know. I won't complain. Opiate was so good :)

I hadn't looked at any setlists from this leg of the tour so as not to spoil any surprise. Good thing, I think. Last time around I had been looking at all of them, so I knew exactly what I'd hear before hearing it - not as interesting.

Jambi and Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned were ESPECIALLY good live (from what I could tell).

The performance itself was perfect. Even better than perfect. But I just wish the sound was better. Too bad I didn't get in on the small theatre tour in May - I think it would have been a much better experience.

Did I say anything anyone else hasn't? I don't know. I just felt like writing about it, since I was there afterall, and I've been visiting this site for 10 years too. It's not every day you get to post a concert review on tdn!!!

I'd love to hear some good quality live recordings from this tour.
OFFLINE |