View Single Post
Authority
07-12-2010, 07:14 PM

Wait, can I not edit my post? Oh well.

Here's my review.
(now i was quite ripped for the show so some details may be exaggerated/forgotten. not sure haha.)

so i went out before the show, did some usual BC activities, came back around 8:50 and got in line, well it wasnt much of a line. got through security with only a big scare of almost not being let in because of my "very intoxicated, and maybe angry buddy" how does security know if hes angry or not?

anyway, got in and sat for a little while in the light jammin out to whatever music they were playing over the PA or whatever in there. and in not too long the lights went down. the flicker of lighters and burning joints took over the crowd, as the flicker of timothy learys face took over the stage. i couldnt have felt more comfortable hah.

Third eye was all that i imagined and more, it was just so great, the visuals, the sound, just..... great. danny was just destroying his drum set, he just sits there looking up while his arms and legs swing around in a blur creating some magnificent sounds. ive always been amazed by his drumming while listening to the albums, but being there was like getting getting kicked in the chest by an angle. adam was shredding and sounding great, and jesus, i mean justin....well, he had his usual wood and was humping it a bit. i think he looks like he has the most fun of all the band members up there, or danny. but justin is probably the least popular member of the band, or maybe he just has the least exciting life hahaha. but its just great to see him having a blast up there.

the mix was great and the arena had amazing sound, everyone was perfectly level, not too much bass, not too much guitar, etc etc... maynard sounded so clear and almost the tone he had when he was younger.

Jambi, while i still think its one of their best openers, fit quite well in after third eye, the screens were better than last time i saw them in 07 and again everyone was on.

ions into stinkfist. stinkfist, despite how many people would like it removed from the setlist, is one that i love hearing. it was one of the first songs by tool id ever heard, so its got a special place in there for me. although i would not cry if it did get replaced by H. :)
the extended part kicks so much ass, and when it transitions back to the sound at the beginning of the album version, there is just such a huge burst of energy, i love it.

vicarious and the jam before it were amazing. im not sure if the jam before vicarious is what im thinking of, the synth/pink floyd style jam with electronic drums? but if some stuff like that is on the new album i will in no way be dissapointed. id never heard it before yet i was rockin out and lovin' it like it was a classic. vicarious was as visually pleasing as ever and the lasers were perfectly synced up and everything. great job junior and crew.

the patient is probably my favorite song of lateralus just because it has so much personal meaning to me. so that was awesome to hear. and even better seeing it live in an area where ill hopefully be living near in a year or two, be patient.....

Intolerence, YEAHHHHH!!!! God this song is amazing live, in the middle of it they just stopped and justin/adam/danny had a little intense jam. they caught almost everybody when they just stopped, but then 5 seconds later justin came in sounding so thunderous on that wonderful Wal of his. was great to see a song of that era too, being that i was just a toddler back then, i feel like ive still been a part of it, and thats a nice feeling.

schism and 46&2 were, as usual, perfect. probaby because they play it so much. they arent the most exciting songs because of how frequently played they are, but nonetheless, were awesome. and the drum solo in both along with the rest of the breakdown in schism are soooooo good. i hope some day they will record some of those songs with extensions in the studio. that schism extension.... i just dont know how to word it, but its incredible.

lateralus, probably my highlight of the night. everything with this song is so magical, the lyrics are some of my favorite tool lyrics, while not being very emotional, they are uplifting and some what spiritual maybe? i was just 'bewildered' by how perfect everything was.

aenema. the lights and visuals were wayyyyyy rad and the energy this song has to it is something else too.

well, the show was great, it was my second show.

it didnt quite have the magic that my first show had, but i feel i was able to really just take it all in, it was a different feeling that a first show but still quite amazing.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.09.2010 - Vancouver, BC @ GM Place

Wait, can I not edit my post? Oh well.

Here's my review.
(now i was quite ripped for the show so some details may be exaggerated/forgotten. not sure haha.)

so i went out before the show, did some usual BC activities, came back around 8:50 and got in line, well it wasnt much of a line. got through security with only a big scare of almost not being let in because of my "very intoxicated, and maybe angry buddy" how does security know if hes angry or not?

anyway, got in and sat for a little while in the light jammin out to whatever music they were playing over the PA or whatever in there. and in not too long the lights went down. the flicker of lighters and burning joints took over the crowd, as the flicker of timothy learys face took over the stage. i couldnt have felt more comfortable hah.

Third eye was all that i imagined and more, it was just so great, the visuals, the sound, just..... great. danny was just destroying his drum set, he just sits there looking up while his arms and legs swing around in a blur creating some magnificent sounds. ive always been amazed by his drumming while listening to the albums, but being there was like getting getting kicked in the chest by an angle. adam was shredding and sounding great, and jesus, i mean justin....well, he had his usual wood and was humping it a bit. i think he looks like he has the most fun of all the band members up there, or danny. but justin is probably the least popular member of the band, or maybe he just has the least exciting life hahaha. but its just great to see him having a blast up there.

the mix was great and the arena had amazing sound, everyone was perfectly level, not too much bass, not too much guitar, etc etc... maynard sounded so clear and almost the tone he had when he was younger.

Jambi, while i still think its one of their best openers, fit quite well in after third eye, the screens were better than last time i saw them in 07 and again everyone was on.

ions into stinkfist. stinkfist, despite how many people would like it removed from the setlist, is one that i love hearing. it was one of the first songs by tool id ever heard, so its got a special place in there for me. although i would not cry if it did get replaced by H. :)
the extended part kicks so much ass, and when it transitions back to the sound at the beginning of the album version, there is just such a huge burst of energy, i love it.

vicarious and the jam before it were amazing. im not sure if the jam before vicarious is what im thinking of, the synth/pink floyd style jam with electronic drums? but if some stuff like that is on the new album i will in no way be dissapointed. id never heard it before yet i was rockin out and lovin' it like it was a classic. vicarious was as visually pleasing as ever and the lasers were perfectly synced up and everything. great job junior and crew.

the patient is probably my favorite song of lateralus just because it has so much personal meaning to me. so that was awesome to hear. and even better seeing it live in an area where ill hopefully be living near in a year or two, be patient.....

Intolerence, YEAHHHHH!!!! God this song is amazing live, in the middle of it they just stopped and justin/adam/danny had a little intense jam. they caught almost everybody when they just stopped, but then 5 seconds later justin came in sounding so thunderous on that wonderful Wal of his. was great to see a song of that era too, being that i was just a toddler back then, i feel like ive still been a part of it, and thats a nice feeling.

schism and 46&2 were, as usual, perfect. probaby because they play it so much. they arent the most exciting songs because of how frequently played they are, but nonetheless, were awesome. and the drum solo in both along with the rest of the breakdown in schism are soooooo good. i hope some day they will record some of those songs with extensions in the studio. that schism extension.... i just dont know how to word it, but its incredible.

lateralus, probably my highlight of the night. everything with this song is so magical, the lyrics are some of my favorite tool lyrics, while not being very emotional, they are uplifting and some what spiritual maybe? i was just 'bewildered' by how perfect everything was.

aenema. the lights and visuals were wayyyyyy rad and the energy this song has to it is something else too.

well, the show was great, it was my second show.

it didnt quite have the magic that my first show had, but i feel i was able to really just take it all in, it was a different feeling that a first show but still quite amazing.
OFFLINE |