View Single Post
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM

that guest guitarist tripped me right out. one second adam was there and the next he wasn't. i was against the rail dead centre and i still didn't notice. the dude was most certainly playing that song for any of the nay sayers out there. sounded spot on for what it was. scared the shit out of me though cus i thought adam got fucked up or something and he wouldn't return.

the show was incredible , maynard seemed in his usual "i'm too good for this shit" attitude. when he dances he really seems like he was dancing because people want him to do it. very tongue in cheek if you ask me. wasn't too impressed that maynard didn't stick around with the other guys at the end to say thanks to the crowd but i can't say that wasn't expected.

an awesome moment was when tool just stood in a line and adsorbed the audiences cheers, totally sick. also the lighters during lost keys was pretty awesome as well.
the pit at the front was quite violent at times especially at the front. i thought i would have to bow out after how intense people were getting over stinkfist. luckily my better judgement kicked in and i took the pounding abuse on my back. an extra special souvenir from 100 sweaty tool fans.

i've seen this show 3 times now but its still fucking incredible. i mean this tour in all rights shouldn't have happened to begin with so for me its all icing on the cake. i could watch these dudes bust these songs out all day, i just hope next time they return they have a new album with a new message so they can incorporate some of the old gems into the setlist structure. all my buddies have never seen tool before, one guy had almost never heard of them and they were all blown away by that monsterous performance. Tool has really created something special with this show so it really doesn't bother me that they don't flinch with the list. to me its like a piece of live theatre almost.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

that guest guitarist tripped me right out. one second adam was there and the next he wasn't. i was against the rail dead centre and i still didn't notice. the dude was most certainly playing that song for any of the nay sayers out there. sounded spot on for what it was. scared the shit out of me though cus i thought adam got fucked up or something and he wouldn't return.

the show was incredible , maynard seemed in his usual "i'm too good for this shit" attitude. when he dances he really seems like he was dancing because people want him to do it. very tongue in cheek if you ask me. wasn't too impressed that maynard didn't stick around with the other guys at the end to say thanks to the crowd but i can't say that wasn't expected.

an awesome moment was when tool just stood in a line and adsorbed the audiences cheers, totally sick. also the lighters during lost keys was pretty awesome as well.
the pit at the front was quite violent at times especially at the front. i thought i would have to bow out after how intense people were getting over stinkfist. luckily my better judgement kicked in and i took the pounding abuse on my back. an extra special souvenir from 100 sweaty tool fans.

i've seen this show 3 times now but its still fucking incredible. i mean this tour in all rights shouldn't have happened to begin with so for me its all icing on the cake. i could watch these dudes bust these songs out all day, i just hope next time they return they have a new album with a new message so they can incorporate some of the old gems into the setlist structure. all my buddies have never seen tool before, one guy had almost never heard of them and they were all blown away by that monsterous performance. Tool has really created something special with this show so it really doesn't bother me that they don't flinch with the list. to me its like a piece of live theatre almost.