View Single Post
mekk
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM

This was my first tool show and I enjoyed it greatly. This thing sold out in 40 minutes on a Saturday and I was ready to pay an extra $40 per ticket to the scalpers on stubhub. However, I thought I would try one more time on Monday and sure enough they opened a few more sections. I feel pretty fortunate to get the tickets at face. I was on justin's side of the arena in section 108. During tweet bird, we were watching out of a window and saw maynard pull up in a black lincoln with his little doggy. Kinda funny that he brings his puppy on tour and that he shows up only 10 minutes before he gets on stage.

As for maynard's singing, I thought he did a good job. You could tell he seemed tired - I also saw him sitting next to the drum tech looking exhausted. I still thought he sang well. It did seem like they mixed his vocals down or due to the shitty venue. As for his performance, Maynard has said before he stands in the back so he can be in his own little world and be in tune with the music. He is purposely disengaging. This is nothing new from the 2007 10000 days tours. Personally, I would rather have him in front. I think we can expect this for the rest of tool's touring life. He was directly facing our section throughout the entire show, so it seemed as if he actually engaged with us.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #75
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

This was my first tool show and I enjoyed it greatly. This thing sold out in 40 minutes on a Saturday and I was ready to pay an extra $40 per ticket to the scalpers on stubhub. However, I thought I would try one more time on Monday and sure enough they opened a few more sections. I feel pretty fortunate to get the tickets at face. I was on justin's side of the arena in section 108. During tweet bird, we were watching out of a window and saw maynard pull up in a black lincoln with his little doggy. Kinda funny that he brings his puppy on tour and that he shows up only 10 minutes before he gets on stage.

As for maynard's singing, I thought he did a good job. You could tell he seemed tired - I also saw him sitting next to the drum tech looking exhausted. I still thought he sang well. It did seem like they mixed his vocals down or due to the shitty venue. As for his performance, Maynard has said before he stands in the back so he can be in his own little world and be in tune with the music. He is purposely disengaging. This is nothing new from the 2007 10000 days tours. Personally, I would rather have him in front. I think we can expect this for the rest of tool's touring life. He was directly facing our section throughout the entire show, so it seemed as if he actually engaged with us.
OFFLINE |