View Single Post
Tezcatlipoca
07-29-2009, 08:00 AM

6th Show and was a good one. I thought with all the time between the 1st 10,000 Days Tour this one would have been a bit different, but not really, I was at the May shows in 07' in San Antonio,then the following night in Corpus Christi, and really the only BIG difference was we got to hear FLOOD, this time that's it. I was in the 1st Continental Row and 3rd row for the 07' shows and about the 5th maybe 6th row distance from the rail at this show, and like I said I was a little disappointed that the music and the stage were pretty much the exact same. Maynard ditched the shirtless act an all leather getup, talk about a midlife crisis it's all good Maynard we all get old. I will say there was alot of criticism going into this tour seeing as no album and touring with the same music usually is a pay day tour, but hey that's neither here nor there. On top of that for Maynard at the end of the Show to say and I quote"THANK YOU AUSTIN" really was the give away that he had like somneone else in here aptly said "checked out", Austin is not even on the tour !!! He knew where he was, I mean Danny was sporting a Spurs jersey, like he dis the previous time in San Antonio. Maynard is a very sarcastic guy I know that, but for real dude your in S.A. not Austin !!! Other than that great show, I took my girlfriend who had never seen them, so she was awed to say the least. I got enough enjoyment in watching her face light up as they played the songs I too was all juiced to back in 07', I really was hoping for a fresh set list for both of us to be able to experience something new and unique. Probably my last show, unless they release some new music and decide to shake up the set-list with a few more tracks. But I honestly get the feeling Maynard is about to hang up the mic. Danny is killing it with Volto, Adam's always got his art and art design work to fall back on, so yeah unless they are planning o touring into the 50's, holy shit that in about 4-5 yrs. all the guys will be in their 50's man I'm getting old. Later.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

6th Show and was a good one. I thought with all the time between the 1st 10,000 Days Tour this one would have been a bit different, but not really, I was at the May shows in 07' in San Antonio,then the following night in Corpus Christi, and really the only BIG difference was we got to hear FLOOD, this time that's it. I was in the 1st Continental Row and 3rd row for the 07' shows and about the 5th maybe 6th row distance from the rail at this show, and like I said I was a little disappointed that the music and the stage were pretty much the exact same. Maynard ditched the shirtless act an all leather getup, talk about a midlife crisis it's all good Maynard we all get old. I will say there was alot of criticism going into this tour seeing as no album and touring with the same music usually is a pay day tour, but hey that's neither here nor there. On top of that for Maynard at the end of the Show to say and I quote"THANK YOU AUSTIN" really was the give away that he had like somneone else in here aptly said "checked out", Austin is not even on the tour !!! He knew where he was, I mean Danny was sporting a Spurs jersey, like he dis the previous time in San Antonio. Maynard is a very sarcastic guy I know that, but for real dude your in S.A. not Austin !!! Other than that great show, I took my girlfriend who had never seen them, so she was awed to say the least. I got enough enjoyment in watching her face light up as they played the songs I too was all juiced to back in 07', I really was hoping for a fresh set list for both of us to be able to experience something new and unique. Probably my last show, unless they release some new music and decide to shake up the set-list with a few more tracks. But I honestly get the feeling Maynard is about to hang up the mic. Danny is killing it with Volto, Adam's always got his art and art design work to fall back on, so yeah unless they are planning o touring into the 50's, holy shit that in about 4-5 yrs. all the guys will be in their 50's man I'm getting old. Later.
OFFLINE |