View Single Post
kevinero
07-28-2009, 08:56 PM

First time poster, 4th Tool show. Everything has already been posted that I had even thought of mentioning. My take on the show is pretty much spot on with Rblee2. I drove all the way from Western Kentucky for this show, 450 miles, and this was probably the one I enjoyed the least out of the four I've been able to experience (Cape Girardeau, MO '07, St. Louis, MO '07, Tulsa, OK 07'), Tulsa being the best out of the four. For the first time I decided to not look at the setlists and I believe this was a bad decision on my part. I too was expecting some other songs to be played and got my hopes up too high. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the music, the visual experience, Adam, Danny, and Justin. The highlight of the show for me was definitely Aenema, first time hearing it live. However, Maynard was the real downer for me on this one. This was the only out of the four shows I've been too where he acted like this. I had read about shows where he acted this way but never experienced it and it sure does suck. He didn't do the scream at the end of Rosetta Stoned, or finish Vicarious. Seems like any chance he had to get off the stage he did, especially at the end of show, he was nearly gone before they finished. He could not wait to get out of there. Maybe I shouldn't blame him, maybe I should blame all those people who snuck their cameras in when it's obvious the band doesn't want all the flashes and such going on and don't realize how sensitive he can be. Anyways, I'm still glad I drove all that way, and was able to be there. I would have really regretted it if I hadn't gone. The next time they are on tour, hopefully after a new album, I'll drive wherever I have to to seem them.

PS Thanks junior for all the work you do and the extra insight/info you provide on the forums, been reading for a long time.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

First time poster, 4th Tool show. Everything has already been posted that I had even thought of mentioning. My take on the show is pretty much spot on with Rblee2. I drove all the way from Western Kentucky for this show, 450 miles, and this was probably the one I enjoyed the least out of the four I've been able to experience (Cape Girardeau, MO '07, St. Louis, MO '07, Tulsa, OK 07'), Tulsa being the best out of the four. For the first time I decided to not look at the setlists and I believe this was a bad decision on my part. I too was expecting some other songs to be played and got my hopes up too high. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the music, the visual experience, Adam, Danny, and Justin. The highlight of the show for me was definitely Aenema, first time hearing it live. However, Maynard was the real downer for me on this one. This was the only out of the four shows I've been too where he acted like this. I had read about shows where he acted this way but never experienced it and it sure does suck. He didn't do the scream at the end of Rosetta Stoned, or finish Vicarious. Seems like any chance he had to get off the stage he did, especially at the end of show, he was nearly gone before they finished. He could not wait to get out of there. Maybe I shouldn't blame him, maybe I should blame all those people who snuck their cameras in when it's obvious the band doesn't want all the flashes and such going on and don't realize how sensitive he can be. Anyways, I'm still glad I drove all that way, and was able to be there. I would have really regretted it if I hadn't gone. The next time they are on tour, hopefully after a new album, I'll drive wherever I have to to seem them.

PS Thanks junior for all the work you do and the extra insight/info you provide on the forums, been reading for a long time.
OFFLINE |