View Single Post
tool/rush/mars
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Tool is always amazing, but a few things were frustrating. Maynard only really sang well on 46&2 and Aenema...every other song the Vocals were just bland. I think he just got into those songs, more than others.

The drum solo deal in Lateralus was a disaster, it really kind of ruined a song that is generally a religious experience. Please Tool...there are certain songs that do not need "jam" sections and Lateralus is easily the number one song that should never have anything added or taken away, the way it is on the album is epic.

Also, they play everything a bit slow live, maybe that is to make the show seem longer...not really sure. I really hope they come out with a new album, invigorated and prove me wrong....but this show left a lot to be desired from what I have always considered to be one of the best bands of all time.

None the less a Tool show is better than any other show, except for Maybe Rush.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #53
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Tool is always amazing, but a few things were frustrating. Maynard only really sang well on 46&2 and Aenema...every other song the Vocals were just bland. I think he just got into those songs, more than others.

The drum solo deal in Lateralus was a disaster, it really kind of ruined a song that is generally a religious experience. Please Tool...there are certain songs that do not need "jam" sections and Lateralus is easily the number one song that should never have anything added or taken away, the way it is on the album is epic.

Also, they play everything a bit slow live, maybe that is to make the show seem longer...not really sure. I really hope they come out with a new album, invigorated and prove me wrong....but this show left a lot to be desired from what I have always considered to be one of the best bands of all time.

None the less a Tool show is better than any other show, except for Maybe Rush.