View Single Post
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
12-11-2007, 05:37 PM

this was my first show where I brought my mom, i've seen tool since 95-96 and have seen them at their peak (lateralus tour). This show was the best 10kd show i've been to. THe vocals were loud and clear for me, something that is usually lacking in previous 10kd shows. I am always annoyed by the selfish jackasses who think maynard would want to hear "FUCKIN TOOL!" during the quiet part of wings. WIngs and 10kd were really special for me and my mom for obvious reasons, we were so thankful to be alive and witnissing one of the most emotional songs from tool.

The whole second half after flood was perfect. The 'intermission' after flood was intense! At first I thought the 3 'ufo lights' were scanning the audience and 'hypnotizing' us. I thought my suspicions were confirmed when the intense deep, but tight bass hit the me in the chest like the beam of light sucking us up into the ship. However after wings started I thought about it in a different way. I came to the conclusion that the 3 lights were the holy trinity scanning for marie, and the big bass was the time of death her and trancending up to heaven. I could be totally off, but in art things of 3 usually represent the father, the son and the holy spirit.

Lateralus afterwards was too perfect. I actually grew tired of the drunm solo however, it was great how they were finishing each others phrases, but it just went on too long and kinda killed the song IMO.

Stinkfist is always hilarious live, everyone always sings the "I keep, digging" part when tool plays the 'new' breakdown.

THis was the first time i've seen flood live and it was phenomenal. Justin was a cock tease though, because he played the beginning 3 notes of H, fucker.

I also noticed adam fucked up during the first minute of the concert, he started to come in with the rhythm too early, justin just shook him off telling him NO.

Also i think danny started a bit early during wings, but i could have been mistaken.

All in all though, it was a night to remember.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #40
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

this was my first show where I brought my mom, i've seen tool since 95-96 and have seen them at their peak (lateralus tour). This show was the best 10kd show i've been to. THe vocals were loud and clear for me, something that is usually lacking in previous 10kd shows. I am always annoyed by the selfish jackasses who think maynard would want to hear "FUCKIN TOOL!" during the quiet part of wings. WIngs and 10kd were really special for me and my mom for obvious reasons, we were so thankful to be alive and witnissing one of the most emotional songs from tool.

The whole second half after flood was perfect. The 'intermission' after flood was intense! At first I thought the 3 'ufo lights' were scanning the audience and 'hypnotizing' us. I thought my suspicions were confirmed when the intense deep, but tight bass hit the me in the chest like the beam of light sucking us up into the ship. However after wings started I thought about it in a different way. I came to the conclusion that the 3 lights were the holy trinity scanning for marie, and the big bass was the time of death her and trancending up to heaven. I could be totally off, but in art things of 3 usually represent the father, the son and the holy spirit.

Lateralus afterwards was too perfect. I actually grew tired of the drunm solo however, it was great how they were finishing each others phrases, but it just went on too long and kinda killed the song IMO.

Stinkfist is always hilarious live, everyone always sings the "I keep, digging" part when tool plays the 'new' breakdown.

THis was the first time i've seen flood live and it was phenomenal. Justin was a cock tease though, because he played the beginning 3 notes of H, fucker.

I also noticed adam fucked up during the first minute of the concert, he started to come in with the rhythm too early, justin just shook him off telling him NO.

Also i think danny started a bit early during wings, but i could have been mistaken.

All in all though, it was a night to remember.